We welcome guest posts for use on our website.
If you are a blogger, experienced writer or a graduate who is looking to showcase your work, then we will consider your articles for publication on our site.
All we ask is that the article is original (i.e. not published anywhere else, including your own website), that it is of high quality and is over 1,500 words in length.
In exchange for writing for our website, we will happily include your biog details (photo, name and overview).
We will also allow you to include one “do follow” link in your article. Please don’t make the anchor text too keyword specific and spammy. We know what search engines look for!
What Kind Of Articles Do We Publish?
We publish articles written by people who work on the web, for people who work on the web. These include:
- Tutorials — Either helping people get started with a new technology, or walking them through the process of building a project.
- Opinion — Do you have a strong opinion on something in our industry and the research to back it up? These can make useful talking points.
- Ultimate Guides — Longer articles really digging into a subject. A reference piece that people will return to time and time again.
- Case Studies — What did you or your company learn from a particular project. These need to focus on practical examples which will be useful to other people, not just a good story.
What Do We Not Publish?
We work with individual authors. We will immediately reject pieces which are submitted on behalf of your CEO or a nameless member of your team. If your CEO would like to write for us, great! Send them this guide and they can make contact in the same way as everyone else.
We do not publish articles which are an obvious attempt at content marketing. While your experience in your company and with your product is valuable, pieces full of links to your product, or which are a walkthrough of how to use your product, will be rejected. Think about what you have learned, not how you can sell to our readers.
Press releases, listicles, and product reviews are unlikely to be interesting to us or our readers.
What We Will Do For You
For every article or blog post that we upload to our website, we will share each one on our social media channels including: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
For exceptionally high quality articles, our CEO, David Reid, will share them with his entire LinkedIn network, which consists of several thousand business owners and other connections.
We kindly ask you to share the article on your social media accounts in return.
And as mentioned above, we will allow one “do follow” hyperlink in your article so that all our readers can click-through to your site or social account should they wish.
Guest Writing Guidelines
Please read the following guest writer guidelines before submitting an article for review:
- Provide an engaging title/headline
- Please split your content up with relevant sub-headings
- Use short paragraphs so that it is easy to read
- Must be original and written in proper English
- Must not be copied (in full or in part) from another website, article, book or any source which has copyright
- Must be over 1,500 words in length
- Is not sarcastic, have polarizing views or be negative
- Do not include your brand or name in the article
- If you include images or videos within the article, they must be high quality and with copyright approval (please supply proof of this)
- Include references to any data, statistics or research that you use (including hyperlinks to the source)
How To Submit Your Article
Please email your article (word or PDF format) to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following items:
- Article title/headline
- Article content
- Any photos/videos included in your article
- Your biog with links to your social media profiles
We do not pay for articles or accept payment for posting articles on our website. We abide by Google’s webmaster guidelines, so please do not ask us to accept payment for links in your article.
We periodically check the articles submitted and published on our website. If we find that your article has been shared elsewhere, we may remove it from our website.
By submitting an article, you agree to us using it on our website (with any amends we deem suitable) and you will not claim for payment or copyright infringement now or in the future.
Finally, when the article is published on our website, it is then owned by us and you are not permitted to re-publish the article without our prior written approval.