Bellator Heavyweight Veterans Sergei Kharitonov and Cheick Kongo will collide in the main event of Bellator 265 on August 20th at Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
The 46 year old Cheick Kongo, will be returning to the ring for the first time since losing to Tim Johnson in a Heavyweight title eliminator in October. Kongo was able to put together a 8-0 record and a no-contest before that loss. The no contest on his record was due to an accidental eye poke against Ryan Bader in their 2018 Heavyweight Grand Prix Fight.
The French man will be hoping to get back in the win column after that set back and possibly find a swift way back into the title contention.
Sergei Kharitonov returns back to Bellator after two years away. The Veteran has a deep MMA record that dates back to the days of PRIDE Fighting Championship, Strikeforce and DREAM. He brings all that experience against Kongo with hopes of getting his Third win in a row.
Kharitonov last lost a fight back in 2019, when he lost to Linton Vassell, a fight that happens to be his last appearance in the promotion.
In the Co Main Event, Adam Borics and Jay Jay Wilson collide in a Featherweight bout with the No. 1 contenders spot at stake and the winner gets a one way ticket to face Bellator Featherweight champion AJ McKee. AJ Mckee most recently defeated Patricio Pitbull in the Main Event Of Bellator 263 to win the Bellator Featherweight Title.
Bellator 265 MAIN CARD Results, ShowTime (9 p.m.
- Cheick Kongo def. Sergei Kharitonov via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:59 of Round 2 — Read Recap
- Adam Borics vs. Jay Jay Wilson — Cancelled After Wilson Fail To Make Weight — Read Full Information
- Jornel Lugo Stay Unbeaten, Submits Keith Lee In Round One – Read Recap
- Logan Storley def. Dante Schiro via split decision — Scores (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Marcelo Golm def. Billy Swanson via TKO (strikes) at 4:57 of Round 1
Bellator 265 Preliminary Card And Results (MMA Junkie 6 p.m. ET)
- Fabio Aguiar def. Taylor Johnson via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Mike Hamel def. Bryce Logan via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Archie Colgan def. Ben Simons via TKO (strikes) at 4:04 of Round 1
- Duane Johnson def. Deven Fisher via submission (d’arce choke) at 1:04 of Round 1 | Watch finish
- Bailey Schoenfelder def. Kory Moegenburg via TKO (strikes) at 4:11 of Round 1
Bellator 266 Fight Card Results And Highlights