The Ultimate Fighting Championship will bring MMA World action ones again, with UFC On ESPN 28 (a.k.a UFC Vegas 33), which will be headlined by a middleweight clash between Uriah Hall and Sean Strickland.
The 185 pound clash was initially scheduled to take place at UFC 265 which is tentative for a date in August. However, the status of the fight was upgraded to main event status of UFC Vegas 33, taking place on July 31st.
Both fighters will be going into the fight with four straight wins under their belt and and a big achievement for Hall, who has accumulated his highest winning streak since signing with the promotion. Hall’s loss in his last six appearances came back in 2018, when he lost to former title challenger Paulo Costa, He has since accumulated wins which also include knockout victories over against Anderson Silva and Bevon Lewis.
Strickland didn’t compete for a while after a ghastly motorcycle accident ruled him out of action three years ago. However, he returned a beast, racking up only victories. He has won three straight fights in the space of eight months.
UFC Vegas 33 – Main Card
UFC Vegas 33 — Preliminary Card
- Chris Gruetzemacher def. Rafa Garcia via unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Daniel Chavez vs. Kai Kamaka III ruled majority draw (29-27 Kamaka, 28-28 x2)
- Jinh Yu Frey def. Ashley Yoder via unanimous decision (30-27 x3)
- Zarrukh Adashev def. Ryan Benoit via unanimous decision (30-27 x2, 29-28)
- Philip Rowe def. Orion Cosce via second-round TKO (4:21)