Sean O’Malley picked up another stoppage victory at UFC 264, Battered a game promotional debutant Kris Moutinho to a third round TKO victory at exactly 4:33 to end the main card opener which aired on Pay-Per-View after Prelims on ESPN+, Saturday night at the T-Mobile Arena.
The heavily favoured O’Malley (14-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC ) A.K.A. “The Sugar Show” scored his sixth victory in the UFC cage but even he will admit Moutinho (9-5 MMA, 0-1 UFC) gave him a fight.
Fighting out of Regiment Training Center, Moutinho entered his UFC Debut a huge underdog but performed beyond expectations as he connected some huge strikes, bloodied O’Malley and even gave him a run for his money. Moutinho was superb and was aggressive throughout, taking O’Malley’s best shots and connecting his.
The Green Haired debutant, ran towards O’Malley from the opening bell connecting and taking some big shots. He flung his arms and legs for good 14 minutes of the fight and after been bloodied, was still able to engage in a wild exchange about 30 seconds before the stoppage.
The exchange forced the spectators to their feet but the referee believed the bloodied Moutinho was taking the biggest damage and had to step in to stop the fight.
The stoppage wasn’t valid according to many critics, who believe the fight should have continued and this includes UFC commentator Joe Rogan who, said the referee Dean shouldn’t have ended the fight a standing TKO.
O’Malley is now on a two fight winning streak, bouncing back from the his loss to Marlon Vera back in 2020 and in total 6 wins out of his seven appearances in the UFC.Kris Moutinho saw his two fight winning streak snapped in his UFC Debut.
UFC 264 Full Card Results
- Dustin Poirier def. Conor McGregor via TKO – Round 1, 5:00 (doctor stoppage)
- Gilbert Burns def. Stephen Thompson via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Tai Tuivasa def. Greg Hardy via knockout – Round 1, 1:07
- Irene Aldana def. Yana Kunitskaya via TKO – Round 1, 4:35 -(punches)
- Video Highlights Sean O’Malley def. Kris Moutinho via TKO – Round 3, 4:33 – (punches)
- Max Griffin def. Carlos Condit via UD (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Michel Pereira def. Niko Price via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Ilia Topuria def. Ryan Hall via knockout – Round 1, 4:47 – (punches)
- Dricus Du Plessis def. Trevin Giles via knockout – Round 2, 1:41 — (punches)
- Jennifer Maia def. Jessica Eye via (29-28, 29-28, 30-27) — unanimous decision
- Brad Tavares def. Omari Akhmedov (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) via split decision
- Zhalgas Zhumagulov def. Jerome Rivera via – Round 1, 2:02 — submission (guillotine choke)