UFC Light Heavyweight prospect Jamahal Hill picked up arguably the biggest win of his career with a two round demolition of Ovince Saint Preux in the Co-Main Event of UFC on ESPN 19 on Saturday night at the UFC Apex.
The 29 year old Hill (9-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) was dominant from the opening horn and appeared in control, even connecting most of the shots in the opening round. Saint Preux (25-15 MMA, 13-10 UFC) connected leg kicks but those were not as damaging as shots from Hill.
The second round marked the beginning of the end as Saint Preux found it difficult to boot as Hill already got his number dialled. Hill kick started his series of flurry, wobbling Saint Preux with the first but he survives but the second set of flurries got him overwhelmed and wobbled.
The referee watched carefully while Hill continued feeding the damage o Saint Preux, who was cornered and looked wobbled with back against the cage. Saint Preux tried fighting back but the heat was too much and noticing his helplessness, the referee stepped in to stop the fight.
With the Win, Hill remains undefeated and Is now 2 – 0 in the UFC since winning a contract during the Dana White contenders series in 2019. Ovince Saint Preux is now 2 – 4 in the UFC having failed to rack up consecutive wins since 2017. Before the fight Saint Preux was ranked 15th on the UFC Official Lightweight rankings.
Results Up To The Minute
- Jamahal Hill defeats Ovince Saint Preux via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 3:37
- Gabriel Benitez defeats Justin Jaynes via TKO (knee, punches) – Round 1, 4:06
- Roman Dolidze defeats. John Allan via split decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28)
- Jordan Leavitt defeats Matt Wiman via knockout (slam) – Round 1, 0:22
- Louis Smolka defeats Jose Quinonez via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 2:15
- Ilia Topuria defeats Damon Jackson via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 2:38
- Jake Collier defeats. Gian Villante via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)