Bellator 238 Results : Cris Cyborg Stops Julia Dudd In Four Rounds To Make History
Cris Cyborg broke history in her Bellator debut with a stunning knockout victory over Julia Dudd in Bellator 238 headliner to win the Bellator Featherweight title on Saturday night at The Forum.
Cyborg, who has previously won titles in Strikeforce, Invicta FC, and the UFC, added Bellator Featherweight title to her resume and by so doing made history as the first MMA fighter regardless of gender to win a title in four different Promotions in the modern MMA era.
Julia Budd was tough and was ready to showed why she was a champ but Cyborg (22-2 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) was ready and broke her down gradually till the fourth round when she finished her off with a flurry to win the title.
Cyborg went out firing in the opening round with punches, elbows and knees, doing everything to bring down the underrated Budd, who did her best to reduce the aggression with the clinch and landed her fair share of strikes.
Cyborg slipped after trying a knee and Budd tried her best to make use of the situation but was halted after she landed an illegal knee and drew a warning from the referee.
Cyborg was able to continue her pace in the second round, landed combinations to the head and body and tried finish off the fight after landing and closing the distance but Budd always tried her best to escape attack with a clich or scramble away.
Budd slowed down and it was obvious as Cyborg was still very strong. Cyborg landed a big calf kick and planned following that up with a ground and bound but the horn stopped Cyborg while perpetrating the act.
Cyborg went forward in the fourth, wasting no time in landing her trade mark flurry and ended it with a wicked kick that dropped her down to the canvas.
Budd had her eleven fight winning streak snapped with the loss and the 145 pound title she won as the inaugural champion. Cyborg on the other hand recorded her 17KO/TKO victory
Cris Cyborg Defeats Julia Dudd Bellator 238 Images
Bellator 238 Full Results
- Cris Cyborg def. Julia Budd via TKO (strikes) — Round 4, 1:14 (women’s featherweight title bout)
- Darrion Caldwell def. Adam Borics via submission (rear-naked choke — Round 1, 2:20 (featherweight grand prix quarterfinal bout)
- Juan Archuleta def. Henry Corrales via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28. 29-28)
- Sergio Pettis def. Alfred Khashakyan via submission (guillotine choke) — Round 1, 3:00
- Raymond Daniels def. Jason King via TKO — Round 1, 3:07
- Emilee King def. Ava Knight via submission (rear-naked choke) — Round 1, 2:18
- Brandon Bender def. Joshua Jones via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 29-27)
- Aaron Pico def. Daniel Carey via KO (punch) — Round 2, 0:15
- AJ Agazarm def. Adel Altamimi via submission (triangle choke) — Round 3, 1:22
- Mario Navarro vs. Jay Jay Wilson def. Navarro via submission (armbar) — Round 1, 2:48
- Curtis Millender def. Moses Murrietta via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)
- Chris Avila def. Anthony Taylor via majority decision (28-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Miguel Jacob def. David Pacheco via unanimous decision (30-27. 30-26, 30-27)
Cris Cyborg Vs Julia Dudd