France 1 – 2 USA Football Highlights
Venue : Parc des Princes
Date : 28th June
FIFA Women’s World Cup Host France Take on USA in the Quarter Final of the Competition at the Parc de Princes. Scroll down for Live Update
, Goals Recap and Highlights
of the game
Key Moments Recap :
Goal : 5′ 0 – 1 Megan Rapinoe
It was worth the wait!
Megan Rapinoe whips in this free-kick from the wing. Julie Ertz swings for it and misses, and it goes through the legs of France captain Amandine Henry with goalkeeper Sarah Bouhaddi blindsided – and flies into the back of the net.
Goal : 65′ 0 – 2 Megan Rapinoe
The USA have been on the ropes for the past 10 or 15 minutes. They come forward once and score.
Wendie Renard lets Tobin Heath run down the right onto Alex Morgan’s pass. The winger’s cross goes past Sam Mewis in the centre and there is Megan Rapinoe to slam home her fifth goal of this World Cup.
Goal : 81′ Wendie Renard 1 – 2
BONJOUR. France are back in this.
For some reason the USA defenders give Wendie Renard, a real aerial threat, space in the box six yards out to head home a Gaetane Thiney cross, which gives the keeper no chance.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
🌕4′ Griedge Mbock Bathy
⚽5′ 0 – 1 Megan Rapinoe
⚽65′ 0 – 2 Megan Rapinoe
⚽81′ Wendie Renard 1 – 2
Video HD Highlights below
France : Sarah Bouhaddi; Marion Torrent, Griedge Mbock Bathy, Wendie Renard, Amel Majri; Amandine Henry, Gaetane Thiney, Elise Bussaglia; Kadidiatou Diani, Valerie Gauvin, Eugenie Le Sommer.
Subs: Pauline Peyraud-Magnin, Solene Durand, Maeva Clemaron, Julie Debever, Charlotte Bilbault, Delphne Cascarino, Grace Geyoro, Eve Perisset, Aissatou Tounkara, Sakina Karchaoui, Emelyne Laurent, Viviane Asseyi.
USA : Alyssa Naeher; Kelley O’Hara, Abby Dahlkemper, Becky Sauerbrunn, Crystal Dunn; Rose Lavelle, Julie Ertz, Samantha Mewis; Tobin Heath, Alex Morgan, Megan Rapinoe.
SUBS: Christen Press, Tierna Davidson, Adrianna Franch, Ashlyn Harris, Ali Krieger, Morgan Brian, Mallory Pugh, Allie Long, Emily Sonnett, Jessica McDonald, Lindsey Horan, Carli Lloyd.
- The host nation has been eliminated at the quarter-final stage in each of the last four Women’s World Cup tournaments – China in 2007, Germany in 2011, Canada in 2015 and France in 2019 have all fallen at this stage.
- USA have reached the semi-final in all eight of their Women’s World Cup tournaments.
- USA have now won their last 10 matches at the Women’s World Cup, equalling the longest run of wins in the tournament’s history set by Norway between 1995 and 1999.
- Six of France’s 10 goals at the 2019 Women’s World Cup were scored via set pieces, with four of those scored by Wendie Renard.
- USA’s Megan Rapinoe became the first player to score two or more goals in consecutive Women’s World Cup matches since Marta did so for Brazil in 2007.
- Since her debut at the Women’s World Cup in 2011, USA’s Rapinoe has been involved in more goals at the tournament than any other player (14 – 8 goals, 6 assists).