West Ham United 3 – 0 Southampton Football Highlights
GOAL : 16′ Marko Arnautovic 1 – 0
It had been coming. Lovely through ball by Mark Noble picks out Arnautovic and the striker runs on to the perfectly-weighted pass and strikes an assured left-foot shot past Forster. Arnautovic didn’t even have to break stride.
GOAL : 69′ Marko Arnautovic 2 – 0
So cruel for Southampton. A cross from the left is intercepted by Forster but he only punches it onto Arnautovic’s head. The ball could go anywhere except it doesn’t. It deflects gently into the air and Arnautovic is there to simply nod home his second of the game.
GOAL : 73′ Ryan Fredericks 3 – 0
A first Premier League goal of the campaign for Ryan Fredericks as he controls the ball in the box and shoots past Forster.
This is cruel on Southampton and, like Liverpool in Barcelona, they must wonder how they’re 3-0 down.
Fredericks’ goal wasn’t as good as Messi’s second it has to be said.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
Goals ( 3 – 0 ) And Cards
⚽16′ Marko Arnautovic 1 – 0
🌕63′ Manuel Lanzini
⚽69′ Marko Arnautovic 2 – 0
⚽73′ Ryan Fredericks 3 – 0
🌕80′ Oriol Romeu
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
West Ham United :
SouthSoutham FC :
Man Of The Match :
- West Ham are looking to do the Premier League double over Southampton for the first time since the 2000-01 campaign, following their 2-1 win at St Mary’s earlier this season.
- Southampton have lost three of their last four Premier League meetings with West Ham (W1), as many as they had in their previous 12 against them (W5 D4 L3).
- None of the last 15 Premier League meetings between West Ham and Southampton in London have been drawn, with West Ham winning 11 to Southampton’s four.
- West Ham have come from behind to win in seven different Premier League games against Southampton, more than they have versus any other side.
- West Ham have won just one of their last five Premier League games (D1 L3), though it did come last time out at Spurs. They’ve not won back-to-back league games since a run of four in December.
- Southampton have scored in each of their last nine Premier League games – they last found the net in 10 consecutive top-flight matches between September-December 2002 under Gordon Strachan (a run of 12).
- 24 of Southampton’s 36 Premier League games have seen both teams score this season – only Manchester United (25) have had this happen in more.
- West Ham’s Michail Antonio is looking to score in three consecutive Premier League matches for the first time since September 2016.
- Shane Long has scored in four of his last five Premier League games for Southampton. On three of those occasions he’s netted the opening goal of the game, but Saints haven’t gone on to win any of them (D2 L1).