USA U20 2 – 0 Nigeria U20 Football Highlights
Venue : Bielsko Biala Stadium
Date : 27th May
Goal : 18′ Sebastian Soto 1 – 0
Alex Mendez long range missile kisses the woodwork as the Yanks get a corner after the referee spotted a deflection.
Sebastien Soto is the man as he heads home Alexis Mendez corner.The Flying Eagles must now fight back if they hope to win this clash
Goal : 46′ Sebastian Soto 2 – 0
Worryingly for Nigeria, A moment of carelessness for the Nigerian backline and Soto fires USA two goals ahead
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
⚽18′ Sebastian Soto 1 – 0
⚽46′ Sebastian Soto 2 – 0
Video HD Highlights below
USA Under20 : Scott, Dest, Gloster, Richard, Durkin, Mendez, Soto, Pomykal, Weah, Keita, De La Fuente
Nigeria Under20 : Oremade, Rabiu, Utin, Salawudeen, Ozornwafor, Dele-Bashiru, Adams, Offia, Michael, Muhammad, Effiom
Man Of The Match :
USA U20 lost 2 – 1 their U20 World Cup opener against Ukraine, despite controlling possession and making twice as much passes as the Ukrainians. Now they look to get that behind them as they take on the Nigeria U20, who kicked off their campaign with a high flying 4 – 0 win over Qatar.
Nigeria dominated the affair and played 20 shots, as compared to Qatar’s seven. They were already two goals up in 25 minutes. defender Ikouwem Udo registered two assists settings up Maxwell Effiom and Okechukwa Offia in the first half.
Another loss for USA will not be nice for their World Cup campaign and Nigeria U20 team has actually never been an easy team to beat. Though sitting at the top in group, it is just the first game of the competition and both teams will still need ti fight their way into the top two teams qualifying for the round of 16 or try their best to be among the best ranked third place team to progress.
History And Stats Between The Sides
- Monday’s match marks the USA’s second meeting all-time against Nigeria at this tournament.
- The Flying Eagles eliminated the U.S. from its deepest run at the U-20 World Cup, defeating the Americans 2-1 in extra time during the semifinals of the 1989 FIFA World Youth Championship in Saudi Arabia.
- Nigeria is making its 12th appearance at the FIFA U-20 World Cup. It has advanced past the group stage in its last six appearances at the tournament.
- Nigeria has taken second place at the U-20 World Cup twice, in 1989 after defeating the USA and in 2005.
- Defender Ikouwem Udo debuted for Nigeria’s senior national team in March during a friendly against Egypt.
- Midfielder Kingsley Michael helped Nigeria take home the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile.
- The Nigeria roster features 10 players born in 1999, seven born in 2000, three born in 2001 and one born in 2002. Defender Zulkifilu Rabiu is one of just nine players born in 2002 in the entire tournament.
- Twelve players compete domestically in Nigeria. The most (3) come from Enyimba, one of the country’s most successful clubs.
- Nine players are on the books at foreign clubs in England (three), Italy (two), Norway (two), Czech Republic and Sweden (one each).