Manchester City Vs Leicester City Football Highlights
Venue : Ethiad Stadium
Date : 6th May
GOAL : 70′ Vincent Kompany 1 – 0
WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT! Manchester City have the lead with a ripper of an effort from 25 yards – but it’s not Sergio Aguero, it’s not David Silva, it’s Vincent Kompany who takes aim from well outside the area, Leicester looking in no danger whatsoever, and beats Schmeichel with an unstoppable shot into the top corner.
He scored the goal on this very ground which went a long way towards City winning their first Premier League title in 2012 – and the captain has come up with the goods with the goal that might do it again in 2019.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
Goals ( 1 – 0 ) And Cards
🌕22′ David Silva
🌕35′ Harry Maguire
🌕44′ Vincent Kompany
⚽70′ Vincent Kompany 1 – 0
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Manchester City : Ederson, Walker, Kompany, Laporte, Zinchenko, Foden, Gundogan, David Silva, Sterling, Aguero, Bernardo Silva.
Subs: Muric, Danilo, Stones, Otamendi, Sane, Mahrez, Jesus.
Leicester City : Schmeichel, Pereira, Evans, Maguire, Chilwell, Ndidi, Choudhury, Tielemans, Albrighton, Maddison, Vardy.
Subs: Ward, Morgan, Fuchs, Mendy, Gray, Barnes, Iheanacho.
Man Of The Match :
- Manchester City have won three of their last four Premier League meetings with Leicester, though they did lose the reverse fixture 1-2 back in December.
- Leicester are looking to complete the top-flight double over Manchester City for the first time since the 1986-87 campaign, while they’re also looking to do the double against the reigning top-flight champions for the first time since 1985-86 against Everton.
- Manchester City have won three of their last four Premier League home games against Leicester, having lost their first three such games against the Foxes.
- Manchester City have won each of their last 12 Premier League games – it’s the fifth run of a team winning 12+ games in a row in the competition’s history, with Man City the only side to have done so twice.
- Leicester have never won away from home on a Monday in the Premier League, drawing three and losing eight of their 11 such matches.
- Man City have won eight of their last 10 Premier League home games in May (D2), scoring 29 goals and conceding just five in that run.
- Pep Guardiola has lost two Premier League games against Leicester as Man City boss – only against Chelsea (3) has the Spaniard lost more in the competition.
- Sergio Aguero has scored 15 Premier League home goals for Man City this season – only in 2011-12 (16) has he scored more at the Etihad in a single campaign in the competition.
- Since his Premier League debut in 2014-15, Jamie Vardy has scored more goals against ‘big six’ opponents than any other player in the competition (31).