Chelsea 3 – 0 Watford Football Highlights
Venue : Stanford Bridge
GOAL : 48′ Ruben Loftus-Cheek 1 – 0
In a blink of a eye, Chelsea are out of sight!!! Amazing how a goal can change the mood. Again, Watford go to sleep. A corner from the right is met powerfully by Luiz – who has been very lethargic up until now – and the ball thumps past Foster.
Chelsea are taking control of the top four race. They’ll be moving above Tottenham if things stay the same.
“It’s happened again, it’s happened again, Tottenham Hotspur – it’s happening again,” sing the home fans.
GOAL : 51′ David Luiz 2 – 0
THAT’LL SETTLE THE NERVES! It’s hardly a deserved lead – but the home fans don’t care. Hazard wins his team a corner with a brilliant bit of individual skill that draws a save out of Foster. Chelsea go short and a looping cross is pounced upon by Loftus-Cheek from close range. An easy headed finish. Javi Gracia can’t believe it on the touchline. So soft.
GOAL : 75′ Gonzalo Higuain 3 – 0
Ruthless from Chelsea. They’ve hardly had the ball for the last 10 minutes but their class in attack shines through. Pedro picks out Higuain in behind Cathcart, who should do better. The striker shows his coolness with a cheeky chipped finish over Foster.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
Goals ( 3 – 0 ) And Cards
⚽48′ Ruben Loftus-Cheek 1 – 0
⚽51′ David Luiz 2 – 0
⚽ 75′ Gonzalo Higuain 3 – 0
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Chelsea : Kepa (8), Azpilicueta (7), Luiz (7), Christensen (7), Alonso (6), Kante (6), Jorginho (6), Kovacic (6), Hazard (8), Higuain (7), Pedro (7)
Subs: Loftus-Cheek (8), Cahill (N/A), Giroud (N/A)
Watford FC : Foster (6), Femenia (6), Mariappa (6), Cathcart (6), Holebas (6), Doucoure (8), Hughes (7), Chalobah (6), Pereyra (6), Deulofeu (7), Deeney (8)
Subs: Sucess (6), Gray (6), Cleverley (6)
Man Of The Match : Kepa Arrizabalaga
Post Match Stats
- Watford haven’t kept a clean sheet in any of their last 40 Premier League games against ‘big six’ opponents, last recording a shutout in February 2016 against Chelsea at Vicarage Road.
- Chelsea have named a starting XI with no English players for the 20th time in the Premier League this season – only Arsenal in 2006-07 (33) and 2007-08 (27) have done so more in a single campaign.
- Hazard has been directly involved in 31 Premier League goals for Chelsea this season (16 goals, 15 assists); only Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (32 – 2000/01), Frank Lampard (36 – 2009/10) and Didier Drogba (39 – 2009/10) have had a hand in more in a single campaign for Chelsea.
- Hazard has assisted 15 league goals this season – more than any other player in the big five European leagues in 2018-19.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in 11 home matches against Watford in all competitions (W7 D4 L0) since a 1-5 defeat on the final day of the 1985-86 season.
- Watford have taken just one point from their five away Premier League visits to Stamford Bridge against Chelsea (W0 D1 L4), drawing 2-2 on Boxing Day in 2015.
- Since their return to the Premier League in 2015, Watford have scored more Premier League goals against Chelsea than they have vs any other side (13). They have also scored more goals at Stamford Bridge (7) than any other visiting side over the past four seasons.
- Chelsea have not lost their last home league game of the season since the 2001-02 campaign (1-3 vs Aston Villa), with the Blues winning 10 and drawing six since then.
- Chelsea are winless in three Premier League games (D2 L1) – the Blues last went four without a win in May 2016 under Guus Hiddink.
- Watford are looking to win consecutive away league games for the first time since a run of three in September 2017.
- Watford have won away against Crystal Palace and West Ham in the Premier League this season – they have never won three matches in London in a single top-flight season before.