LFA 65 Results : Brandon Royval Submits Joby Sanchez In Round 1
Date : 3rd May 2019
Venue : Dobson Arena in Vail, Colo.
Date : May 3 at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT,
Brandon Royval submitted UFC vet Joby Sanchez (12-5) in the furst round of a Flyweight bout which served as the main event of LFA 65, which aired live on AXS TV from Dobson Arena in Vail, Colo.
Both fighters engaged in a fiery exchange in the opening first minute of the bout, with Royval being more aggressive and Sanchez standing his ground. Sanchez through the exchange recieved a cut on his left temple but this didn’t deter his determination, as he began controlling the fight and even attempted a choke but this wasn’t successful.
— mma 21+ (@mma21plus) May 4, 2019
After Royval escaped from that submission attempt, he went for a submission of his own.Royval was able to work first to guard, then to an armbar, extending his opponent’s limb and getting the tap at the 3:17 mark of the first frame
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
LFA 65 Weigh-in Results:
Brandon Royval def. Joby Sanchez via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 3:17
- Joanderson Brito def. Jose Mariscal via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:44
- Matt Jones def. Youssef Zalal via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Pauline Macias def. Sarah Shell via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 29-28)
- Adam Stroup def. Hayward Charles via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Adam Martinez def. Cory Galloway via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 3, 2:35