Huddersfield Town 1 – 1 Manchester United Football Highlights
Venue : The John Smith’s Stadium
GOAL : 8′ 0 – 1 Scott McTominay
Oh dear, that’s not good from Lossl!
From the free kick, McTominay gets forward before picking up the ball just outside the area. He gets it around Kongolo before striking, with the ball pinging off the legs of Lossl before landing in the bottom corner.
It doesn’t look like the goalkeeper makes much of an effort to get his hands to the ball and completely fumbles any kind of save. Probably sums up Huddersfield’s season to be honest.
GOAL : 60′ Isaac Mbenza 1 – 1
It’s another error, this time from Shaw as Huddersfield get their equaliser.
A McTominay header at the other end goes straight at Lossl. He then realses a demon goal kick, firing the ball two thirds down the field.
Shaw tries to control it but misses is completely, allowing Mbenza to nip through and score through the legs of De Gea. You can’t blame the goalkeeper for that one, he was let down by his defender.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
Goals ( 1 – 1 ) And Cards
⚽8′ 0 – 1 Scott McTominay
🌕33′ Phil Jones
⚽60′ Isaac Mbenza 1 – 1
🌕90′ Jonas Lossl
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Huddersfield Town : Lossl (6), Durm (6), Schindler (6), Kongolo (7), Lowe (7), Mooy (6), Bacuna (7), Hogg (6), Mbenza (7), Grant (7), Pritchard (7).
Subs: Smith (7), Diakhaby (n/a).
Manchester United : De Gea (7), Young (6), Jones (5), Lindelof (6), Shaw (5), McTominay (7), Matic (6), Pogba (6), Mata (7), Rashford (6), Sanchez (5).
Subs: Herrera (6), Chong (7), Dalot (n/a)
Man Of The Match :
- Huddersfield have only won one of their last 13 top-flight meetings with Man Utd (D3 L9), though it was in this exact fixture last season (2-1).
- Manchester United have found the net at least once in their last 12 top-flight meetings with Huddersfield (W9 D2 L1) since a 0-0 draw in October 1953.
- Huddersfield have lost 28 Premier League games this season – only Ipswich in 1994-95, Sunderland in 2005-06 and Derby in 2007-08 have ever lost more in a single campaign (all 29).
- Huddersfield have lost 14 home Premier League games this season – only two teams in top-flight history have ever lost more in a single season; Blackpool in 1966-67 and Stoke in 1984-85 (both 15).
- Manchester United are winless in their last four games in all competitions (D1 L3), last having a longer run without a win in December 2015 under Louis van Gaal (8 games).
- Manchester United haven’t won their last away league game of the season since the 2011-12 campaign (1-0 at Sunderland), drawing five and losing one since then.
- Manchester United haven’t lost four consecutive away league games since a run of six in March 1981, while they haven’t lost six in a row on the road in all competitions since February 1974, during the campaign they were last relegated from the top-flight.
- Huddersfield have scored just nine home league goals this season. In top-flight history, no side has ever failed to reach double figures for home goals in a single campaign.