Everton 2 – 0 Burnley FC Football Highlights
Venue : Goodison Park
GOAL : 17′ Ben Mee (o.g.) 1 – 0
They just needed the goal – and they’ve got it! Richarlison peels off onto the left when the ball get played across the Everton front line 25 yards out. Lowton is with him but stands off the Everton man, almost inviting him to shoot.
And this Brazilian hotshot doesn’t need a second invitation. On his supposedly weaker left foot, he takes aim and fires a powerful effort beyond Heaton into the far corner, courtesy of a big nick off Mee’s knee which takes it inside the post for an unfortunate own goal.
GOAL : 20′ Seamus Coleman 2 – 0
A mad three minutes might have already won this game for Everton 20 minutes in. The Toffees are queuing up to strike with their first attack after their opener, with Digne having a first bite of the cherry when the ball reaches him just outside the area.
His effort is deflected away but he has another go from distance which Heaton dives to keep out, but gets a late hand up to the ball and keeps it alive in the six-yard box. That’s the only invitation Coleman needs to fire into an unguarded net, and he nods in his second league goal of the season.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
Goals ( 2 – 0 ) And Cards
⚽17′ Ben Mee (o.g.) 1 – 0
⚽20′ Seamus Coleman 2 – 0
🌕37′ Ashley Westwood
🌕80′ James Tarkowski
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Everton FC :
Burnley FC :
Man Of The Match :
- Everton have lost three of their last five Premier League meetings with Burnley (W2), as many as they had in their previous 16 top-flight games against them (W8 D5 L3).
- Burnley won this exact fixture 1-0 last season. They’ve not won back-to-back league games at Everton since a run of three between 1958 and 1960.
- None of the nine Premier League meetings between Everton and Burnley have been drawn, with the Toffees winning five to Burnley’s four.
- Everton have kept a clean sheet in seven of their last nine Premier League games, and each of their last four at Goodison Park. They last kept five consecutive home league clean sheets between March-September 2013 (7).
- Everton have lost their last eight Premier League matches when they’ve conceded at least once, with their last victory when conceding coming at Burnley in December (5-1).
- Burnley have lost their last four Premier League games in the month of May, conceding 11 goals in the process. Their last win in the month came in 2015 against Aston Villa (1-0).
- Burnley have kept just one clean sheet in their last 11 Premier League away games – a 0-0 draw at Watford in January.
- Only against Bournemouth (4) has Burnley’s Sean Dyche won more Premier League games than he has against Everton (3).
- Everton’s Richarlison has scored 13 Premier League goals this season. Only two Brazilian players have ever scored more in a single campaign; Roberto Firmino in 2017-18 (15) and Robinho in 2008-09 (14).
- Burnley’s Ashley Barnes has scored six goals in his last nine Premier League away games, having failed to find the net in his first eight on the road this season.