Jamie Munguia Vs Dennis Hogan Preview & Fight Card
WBO Junior Middleweight Champion Jamie Munguia (32-0, 26 KOs) will be defending his title against Mandatory challenger and No. 1 rated Dennis Hogan (28-1-1, 7 KOs) on April 13 on DAZN at the Arena Monterrey in Monterrey, Mexico.
The WBO had ordered the mandatory defense and scheduled the purse bid for March 4th, which later got canceled due to both sides reaching an agreement before the date. Munguia will be making the fourth defense of the 154 pound title since defeating Sadam Ali to take it.
Munguia successfully defended his title with a unaunanim decision against Takeshi Inoue and was taken to the edge trying to do it, despite the wide scores from the judges (119-109, 120-108 and 120-108).
Denis Hogan is on four Fight winning streak since losing Jack Culcay, raking up wins against Angel Hernandez, Samuel Colomban, Yao, Yi Ma, Yuki Nonaka, ‘Jimmy’ Kilrain Kelly and Jamie Weetch to earn the shot.
Enter your email address:
In the co-main event, Brazilian contender Patrick Teixeira (29-1, 22 KOs) will fight Dormedes Potes (11-1-1, 8 KOs) Barranquilla, Colombia in a 10-round fight for the WBO Latino Super Welterweight Title.
- Jaime Munguia vs. Dennis Hogan, 12 rounds, for Munguia’s WBO junior middleweight title
- Patrick Teixeira vs. Dormedes Potes, 10 rounds, junior middleweights
- Daniel Valladares vs. TBA, 6 rounds, flyweights
- Diego De La Hoya vs. Enrique Bernache, 10 rounds, featherweights
- Arely Mucino vs. TBA, 10 rounds, female flyweights
- Irving Turrubiates vs. TBA, 8 rounds, featherweights
- Javier Gonzalez vs. TBA, 6 rounds, lightweights
- Alex Rincon vs. Isaac Mireles, 6 rounds, junior middleweights