Tottenham Hotspur 1 – 0 Manchester City United Football Highlights
(UEFA Champions League – QF First Leg)
Venue : Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Key Moments Recap :
Penalty Miss : 13′ 0 – 0 (pen.) Sergio Aguero
PENALTY TO MAN CITY! Rose is penalised for the ball hitting his outstretched arm when that one went behind – Sterling’s shot hit him on the lower arm, no question, but where was he meant to put it as he slid in? Anyway, the decision is made, and Rose has been booked..
PENALTY SAVED! Guardiola couldn’t watch,and rightly so! Lloris dives to his left to confidently keep out Aguero’s penalty, which is firmly struck but at a nice height for him.
It was nearly four years since Aguero last scored against Tottenham – and it’s going to be a little longer after that miss.
Goal : 78′ Heung-Min Son 1 – 0
Heung-Min Son takes the roof off the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium! Eriksen is looking for help 25 yards out but everyone around him is so static – and he plays it out to an unmarked Son on the right.
His heavy touch takes him right to the byline but he just keeps the ball in, before cutting back into a shooting position and rattles it beyond Ederson for the opener.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
🌕12′ Danny Rose
13′ 0 – 0 (pen.) Sergio Aguero
🌕28′ Aymeric Laporte
🌕59′ Riyad Mahrez
⚽78′ Heung-Min Son 1 – 0
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Tottenham Hotspur FC : Lloris (7), Trippier (6), Alderweireld (8), Vertonghen (7), Rose (7), Sissoko (7), Winks (8), Eriksen (7), Alli (7), Son (8), Kane (6).
Subs: Moura (7), Wanyama (NA), Llorente (NA)
Manchester City :
Ederson (5), Walker (6), Laporte (6), Otamendi (5), Delph (5), Fernandinho (6), Gundogan (6), David Silva (6), Mahrez (5), Sterling (7), Aguero (5)
Subs: Jesus (5), De Bruyne (NA), Sane (NA)
Man Of The Match : Heung-min Son
- Spurs have progressed to the next round on each of the last nine occasions they’ve won the first leg of a European knockout match (excluding qualifiers).
- Manchester City have lost all five of their European matches against English opposition, including all three in the Champions League.
- Son has scored as many goals in 40 games in all competitions this season for Spurs as he managed in 53 appearances in the whole of 2017-18 (18 goals).
- Tottenham Hotspur have won 13 of their last 16 home matches in all competitions (D1 L2).
- Aguero has missed more Champions League penalties than any other player since his debut season in the competition in 2008-09 (four).
- Spurs goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has saved all three of the penalties he’s faced in all competitions in 2019, saving efforts against Leicester City, Arsenal and Man City tonight.
- Manchester City have been eliminated from all three of their previous Champions League knockout matches when they’ve lost the first leg.
- There were eight Englishmen in the starting XI for this match – Rose, Trippier, Winks, Alli and Kane for Spurs, Delph, Walker and Sterling for Man City – the most in a Champions League match since the 2008 final between Chelsea and Manchester United (10).