Crystal Palace 1 – 3 Manchester City Football Highlights
GOAL : 15′ Raheem Sterling
Brilliant, brilliant goal, and Sterling quickly makes amends for his earlier miss.
De Bruyne slides a sumptuous pass through for Sterling, who runs clear of Dann, gets into the box, keeps going and then finishes across goal with a shot into the roof of the net.
Goal : 63′ 0 – 2 Raheem Sterling
A second for Sterling, a second for City, and that should seal victory.
Silva gets the ball in the box and plays back for Sane. He drives it across goal and Sterling, who has peeled off Van Aanholt, finishes across goal and into bottom corner.
Goal : 81′ Luka Milivojevic 1 – 2
Milivojevic takes the free-kick from inside the D and fires it into the bottom corner, with the ball curling away from Ederson, who should do better really. He’s standing in the centre of the goal and doesn’t have the corner opposite the wall covered.
Goal : 90′ 1 – 3 Gabriel Jesus
De Bruyne breaks through the middle on the counter and then plays to his left for Jesus. It’s almost cut out, but the ball gets through to Jesus, who has so much time to pick his spot and fire past Guaita.
City a little fortunate. Jesus just about a foot offside.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
⚽15′ 0 – 1 Raheem Sterling
⚽63′ 0 – 2 Raheem Sterling
⚽81′ Luka Milivojevic 1 – 2
⚽90′ 1 – 3 Gabriel Jesus
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Crystal Palace : Guaita (5), Van Aanholt (5), Dann (5), Kelly (5), Wan-Bissaka (6), McArthur (5), Milivojevic (6), Schlupp (5), Townsend (5), Zaha (5), Benteke (5)
Subs: Kouyate (5), Meyer (5), Sako (5)
Manchester City :Ederson (5), Walker (7), Kompany (7), Laporte (7), Mendy (7), Gundogan (7), De Bruyne (8), David Silva (6), Sane (7), Sterling (8), Aguero (6)
Subs: Bernardo Silva (5), Jesus (6), Stones (5)
Man Of The Match :
- Crystal Palace are looking to complete the top-flight double over Manchester City for the first time since the 1972-73 campaign. Indeed, the last non-big six side to beat the Citizens twice in the same Premier League season were Everton back in 2010-11.
- Manchester City have won five of their last seven Premier League matches against Crystal Palace, though haven’t beaten the Eagles in their last two encounters (D1 L1).
- Manchester City themselves were the last side to complete the league double over the Premier League reigning champions, beating Chelsea 1-0 both home and away last season.
- Crystal Palace have won just 41% of their Premier League points in home games this season (16/39), the lowest such ratio in the division.
- Manchester City have won their last eight Premier League games, keeping a clean sheet in six of the last seven.
- Manchester City have lost two of their last eight Premier League games against sides starting in the bottom half of the table (W6) – they’d lost just one of their previous 52 such games in the competition (W43 D8 L1).
- Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has won 23 of his 27 Premier League matches against English managers (D3 L1), with his only such defeat to date coming against Roy Hodgson and Crystal Palace in the reverse fixture earlier this season.
- Crystal Palace’s Luka Milivojevic has scored 10 penalty goals in the Premier League this season – only Andrew Johnson (11 in 2004-05, also with Crystal Palace) has netted more from the spot in a single campaign.
- Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has scored 20 Premier League goals in London – only Wayne Rooney (30) has scored more when excluding goals for London clubs. However, Aguero is yet to score in his five appearances at Selhurst Park in the competition.
- Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola is winless in his last two league meetings with Crystal Palace – he’s only ever had longer winless league runs against Everton (3) and Borussia Mönchengladbach (4) in his entire managerial career.