Manchester United 1 – 1 Chelsea FC Football Highlights
Venue : Old Trafford
GOAL : 11′ Juan Mata 1 – 0
Manchester United have been rewarded for their excellent start!
Lukaku clips a delightful pass over the top of the Chelsea defence which picks out Shaw. The full-back pulls the ball back from the byline and it eventually falls for Mata, who has a simple finish from 12 yards.
GOAL : 43′ 1 – 1 Marcos Alonso
Chelsea are gifted a way back into the game by De Gea.
Fresh from his error against Manchester City, the Spaniard make a mess of Rudiger’s long-ranger effort.
There’s absolutely no danger as Rudiger blasts the ball goalwards from 30-odd yards but De Gea can only palm the ball down,and Alonso reacts quickest, turning the ball in off the inside of the far post.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
⚽11′ Juan Mata 1 – 0
🌕43′ Ander Herrera
⚽43′ 1 – 1 Marcos Alonso
🌕54′ Mateo Kovacic
🌕80′ Marcos Rojo
🌕89′ Ashley Young
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Manchester United : De Gea 5, Young 7, Bailly 7, Lindelof 6, Shaw 7, Herrera 6, Matic 7, Pogba 6, Mata 7, Rashford 7, Lukaku 7. Subs: Sanchez 5, Rojo 5, McTominay n/a.
Chelsea : Kepa 7, Azpilicueta 7, Rudiger 7, Luiz 6, Alonso 8, Jorginho 7, Kante 7, Kovacic 7,
Hazard 7, Higuain 6, Willian 6. Subs: Christensen 6, Loftus-Cheek 6, Pedro n/a.
Man Of The Match :
Bailly returns to centre-back in place of Smalling, while Lukaku, Mata, Herrera and Matic come in for Darmian, Pereira, Fred and Lingard.
Chelsea make three changes themselves.
Loftus-Cheek, Emerson and the injured Christensen come out and are replaced by Kovacic, Alonso and Rudiger.
Pre Game Stats
- Manchester United have won their last two Premier League home games against Chelsea – they’ve not beaten the Blues in three top-flight games in a row at Old Trafford since January 1957 under manager Matt Busby.
- Chelsea have won more Premier League games against United than any other side have in the competition (18).
- United have won three of their last six meetings with Chelsea in all competitions (D1 L2), having failed to win any of the previous 12 against them (D5 L7).
- United have lost three games against London sides in the Premier League this season (vs Tottenham, West Ham and Arsenal). They last lost against more different London sides in a single top-flight campaign back in 1989-90 (Arsenal, Charlton, Chelsea, Crystal Palace and Tottenham).
- Chelsea have lost their last six Premier League away games against fellow ‘big six’ sides, including all four this season by an aggregate score of 1-13. Indeed, they’re winless in eight such games (D2 L6) since beating Tottenham 2-1 at Wembley in August 2017.
- Chelsea haven’t gone three Premier League games without a win since September 2016. Following that previous run, the Blues went on a 13-game winning streak in the competition.
- Anthony Martial scored twice in the reverse fixture against Chelsea this season. The only United players to score home and away Premier League goals against the Blues in the same season are Wayne Rooney in 2011-12 and Eric Cantona in 1992-93.
- Chelsea’s N’Golo Kante has scored nine goals in all competitions in his four seasons in England, with Manchester United the only side he’s scored more than once against (2).
- Gonzalo Higuain’s four goals for Chelsea this season have been against teams currently in the bottom six. He’s played five games and 323 minutes against the top six sides in all competitions for the Blues, managing just one shot on target in those games.
- Eden Hazard has been directly involved in 10 of Chelsea’s 23 Premier League away league goals this season (5 goals, 5 assists), double that of any other player at the club (Ross Barkley 5).
- Chelsea’s six Premier League wins at Old Trafford have come under six different managers (Glenn Hoddle, Ruud Gullit, Claudio Ranieri, Jose Mourinho, Carlo Ancelotti, Rafael Benitez), with five of those victories being the manager’s first such game at the ground with the Blues.