Manchester United 0 – 2. Manchester City Football Highlights
Venue : old Trafford
GOAL : 54′ 0 – 1 Bernardo Silva
The football world shakes – City are ahead! This could be just massive.
City are finding their stride in a big way. United can’t live with them now. Bernardo picks the ball up off the right and cuts inside. Shaw can’t get to grips with him and the midfielder powers a low shot beyond De Gea at his near post.
Goal : 66′ 0 – 2 Leroy Sane
De Gea has to do better here. Liverpool fans won’t be happy with him.
Sterling speeds away from Fred in midfield and creates a three-on-three. City’s pace is frightening. Sterling feeds Sane, who takes a touch and fires a low powerful effort straight at De Gea but it somehow beats the United stopper.
De Gea shakes his head. He knows….
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
🌕10′ Vincent Kompany
🌕24′ Andreas Pereira
🌕26′ Olexandr Zinchenko
⚽54′ 0 – 1 Bernardo Silva
⚽66′ 0 – 2 Leroy Sane
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Manchester United : De Gea, Lindelof, Darmian, Smalling, Young, Shaw, Pereira, Fred, Pogba, Lingard, Rashford
Subs: Romero, Sanchez, Mata, Lukaku, Martial, Dalot, Matic
Manchester City : Ederson, Zinchenko, Kompany, Laporte, Walker, Gundogan, Fernandinho, David Silva, Bernardo Silva, Sterling, Aguero
Subs: Muric, Danilo, Sane, Mahrez, Otamendi, Jesus, Foden
Man Of The Match :
- This will be the 160th league meeting between Manchester United and Manchester City; United have won 62, drawn 51 and lost 46 of the previous such games.
- Manchester City have only lost one of their last seven league visits to Old Trafford (W5 D1), with current boss Pep Guardiola winning both of his Premier League games there by a 2-1 scoreline.
- There have been just six previous Premier League meetings between Man Utd and Man City outside of Saturday or Sunday. Man Utd won the first in November 1994 (5-0) but are winless in the subsequent five (D2 L3).
- No side has won more Premier League away games at Old Trafford than Manchester City (6, level with Chelsea).
- Manchester United are unbeaten in their last 14 home league games (W9 D5). However, they have kept just two clean sheets at Old Trafford in the league this season – no side has kept fewer (also Fulham).
- Manchester City have scored 155 goals in all competitions this season – the record for an English Football League side in a single campaign is currently 156, held by City themselves in 2013-14.
- No visiting manager in Premier League history has won three consecutive trips to Old Trafford, with Man City manager Pep Guardiola one of just three to win both of his first two (also Sam Allardyce and Ronald Koeman).
- Each of Manchester United’s last three permanent managers has lost their first league meeting with Manchester City in charge of the club (David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho), with Alex Ferguson the last to win his first such contest, 2-0 in March 1987.
- No player has scored more goals in Premier League meetings between Manchester United and Manchester City than Man City striker Sergio Aguero (8, level with Wayne Rooney). In fact, only Alan Shearer (10) has scored more Premier League goals against Man Utd than the Argentinian (8).
- Manchester United are unbeaten in 14 Premier League home games. Their last league defeat at Old Trafford was against Tottenham (0-3) on August 27.
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has not won in five previous games against Manchester City (one as a manager, four as a player).
- Manchester City have won their last 10 Premier League games – the best winning run of any team this season.
- Manchester City have scored 19 goals and conceded one in the opening 15 minutes of Premier League games this season.
- Manchester United lost 3-1 at the Etihad Stadium in November. They have been beaten home and away by the same opponent in a Premier League season since Swansea in 2014-15.