Manchester United 0 – 1 FC Barcelona Football Highlights
(UEFA Champions League – QF First Leg)
Venue : Camp Nou
Key Moments Recap :
Goal : 12′ 0 – 1 (o.g.) Luke Shaw
Messi is played in over the top, swivels in the box and then chips to the back post for Suarez. He heads back across goal and the ball deflects off Shaw and goes into the far corner. The goal is initially greeted by cheers from the home fans as the flag goes up for offside, but a quick check with VAR shows Suarez was onside when Messi played the pass.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
⚽12′ 0 – 1 (o.g.) Luke Shaw
🌕18′ Sergio Busquets
🌕19′ Luke Shaw
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
FC Barcelona : Ter Stegen, Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba, Busquets, Rakitic, Arthur, Suarez, Coutinho, Messi
Subs: Cillessen, Dembele, Malcom, Sergi Roberto, Vidal, Umtiti, Alena
Manchester United : De Gea, Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw, Dalot, McTominay, Fred, Pogba, Lukaku, Rashford
- Subs: Romero, Jones, Rojo, Pereira, Lingard, Mata, Martial
Man Of The Match :
- This is the first Champions League meeting between Barcelona and Manchester United since the 2011 final, which Barcelona won 3-1 at Wembley.
- Manchester United have never lost a home European match against Barcelona (W2 D2 L0), with this is the first meeting between the sides at Old Trafford since the second leg of the 2007-08 Champions League semi-final, a 1-0 win for the Red Devils..
- Manchester United have won two of their last 11 Champions League knockout ties (W2 D3 L6), failing to win either of their quarter-final games in the 2013-14 season under David Moyes against Bayern Munich.
- Since Chelsea eliminated Barcelona in the 2011-12 semi-final, English teams have been eliminated in 10 of their last 11 Champions League knockout ties against Spanish sides – the exception was Leicester City against Sevilla in the last 16 in 2016-17..
- Barcelona’s Lionel Messi has scored 22 Champions League goals in 30 appearances against English teams – more than any other player in the history of the competition.
- Lionel Messi has failed to score in any of his last 11 Champions League quarter-final appearances for Barcelona; since netting against PSG in April 2013, the Argentinian forward has attempted 49 shots without success at this stage of the competition.