Manchester City 2 – 0 Cardiff City Football Highlights
Venue : Etihad Stadium
Key Moments Recap :
Goal : 6′ 1 – 0 De Bruyne
Laporte slides in De Bruyne who is in plenty of space on the left. He tries his luck from a tight angle and it ends up getting the better of Etheridge! The Cardiff goalkeeper should have not have got beaten there but City will take it!
Goal : 44′ Leroy Sane 2 – 0
A well-worked goal from City! Mahrez’s cross is expertly laid back by Jesus with his chest into the path of Sane who drills his shot into the bottom corner for his 15th goal this season in all competitions!
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (2 – 0) And Cards
⚽6′ Kevin De Bruyne 1 – 0
🌕8′ Joseph Bennett
🌕34′ Lee Peltier
⚽44′ Leroy Sane 2 – 0
🌕53′ Joe Ralls
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Manchester City : Ederson, Danilo, Stones, Laporte, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Foden, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Sane, Jesus
Subs: Muric, Walker, Kompany, Sterling, Gundogan, B Silva, D Silva
Cardiff City : Etheridge, Peltier, Morrison, Manga, Bennett, Gunnarsson, Ralls, Camarasa, Murphy, Hoilett, Niasse
Subs: Murphy, Zohore, Cordova-Reid, Bacuna, Cunningham, Mendez-Laing, Harris
Man Of The Match :
- Man City are unbeaten in their last six home league meetings with Cardiff (W4 D2), winning their only such Premier League meeting 4-2 in January 2014.
- Cardiff haven’t kept a league clean sheet against Man City in any of their last 13 meetings (34 goals conceded), since a 0-0 home draw in February 1962.
- Manchester City have won 16 of their last 17 Premier League home games, losing only against Crystal Palace in that run (2-3 in December).
- Man City are unbeaten in their last 35 Premier League home games against promoted sides (W31 D4), since a 0-2 loss vs Reading in February 2007.
- Man City haven’t lost a midweek Premier League home game (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) since May 2010 against Tottenham, winning 22 and drawing five since.
- Cardiff have won two of their last five Premier League away games (L3), as many as they had in their first 28 in the competition (W2 D6 L20).
- Cardiff have lost all 10 of their Premier League away games against ‘big six’ opposition, conceding 27 goals in the process.
- Cardiff’s last eight away goals in the Premier League have all been scored in the second half, with half of those being scored in the 90th minute or later. They last netted before halftime away from home in September against Chelsea.
- In six previous away games against Manchester City in all competitions, Cardiff manager Neil Warnock has never won (D2 L4), with his sides failing to score in all six meetings.
- Sergio Aguero has scored 18 goals in 17 home games for Man City in all competitions this season, including 11 in eight so far in 2019.
Manchester City will move top of the Premier League Table, if they as expected take maximum points away from their visitors Cardiff City at the Etihad on Wednesday.
Manchester City are unbeaten in their last six home games and have also been unbeaten against the Bluebirds in their last seven home meetings.
Cardiff City are 18th on the Premier League table and are five points from safety. They were unlucky in their last outing, losing via a controversial last minute goal to Chelsea.
Sergio Aguero is out of the Cardiff visit, after limping out in the last game against Fulham on Saturday. Also missing will be unfit Fabian Delph.
Sol Bamba (knee) and Callum Paterson (ankle) will be missing on Warnock’s teamt with the later out of the season.