Southampton 1 – 3 Liverpool Football Highlights
Venue : St Mary’s Stadium
Key Moments Recap :
Goal : 9′ Shane Long 1 – 0
Southampton take the lead and Long has struck….. Bertrand dinks a ball into the path of Hojbjerg who flicks his header on into the path of Long to stab home and grab his 50th career Premier League goal!
Goal : 36′ Keita 1 – 1
Liverpool are back level! Alexander-Arnold’s cross from the right finds Keita and he drifts in between two defenders to head in.. Was Salah offside in the build-up to the goal? Replays showed that he looked to be onside but it was certainly a close call.
Goal : 80′ 1 – 2 Mohamed Salah
Salah scores after a rapid Liverpool counter-attack. They break out from a Southampton corner. Henderson nods it into the path of Salah who runs from the halfway line before he slots the ball into the bottom corner. An excellent finish from Liverpool’s star forward! He’s reached 50 Premier League goals now
Goal : 86′ 1 – 3 Jordan Henderson
Surely it’s three points for Liverpool now!
Matip’s long ball reaches Firmino who gets the better of Bednarek on the right flank. He plays a perfectly weighted pass into the path of the onrushing Henderson who slots home!
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
DelivereDd by FeedBurner
Goals (1 – 3) And Cards
⚽9′ Shane Long 1 – 0
⚽36′ 1 – 1 Naby Keita
🌕48′ Jan Bednarek
75′ Ryan Bertrand
⚽80′ 1 – 2 Mohamed Salahzs
🌕81′ Mohamed Salah
⚽86′ 1 – 3 Jordan Henderson
🌕89′ Andy Robertson
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Man Of The Match :
- Southampton are winless in their last five Premier League meetings with Liverpool (D2 L3), failing to score each time.
- Liverpool have won their last three Premier League games against Southampton – they’ve never won four in a row against Saints in their league history.
- Southampton have won five of their 10 Premier League games against Liverpool at St Mary’s – they’ve only beaten Everton more often at the ground in the competition (6).
- This will be Southampton’s first top-flight home game on a Friday since December 1991 (1-1 vs Notts County) with all five of their such games in the Premier League coming away from home (W1 D2 L2).
- Liverpool have won five of their last six Premier League games on a Friday (D1) since a 2-4 loss at Arsenal in April 2004.
- Southampton are looking to win three consecutive Premier League games for the first time since May 2016 (a run of four).
- Mohamed Salah hasn’t scored in any of his last eight appearances in all competitions for Liverpool – his longest run without a goal since a run of 10 games with Roma between November 2015 and January 2016.
- Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp won the only previous meeting between him and Southampton’s Ralph Hasenhüttl, with Klopp’s Borussia Dortmund beating VfR Aalen 4-1 in a German Cup match in October 2012.
Southampton are presently five points above the relegation zone and seriously need points to be assured of survival but Liverpool need the points to regain the top spot of the Premier League Table.
Southampton have been on be incredible form winning three of their last four games and with a win, could go eight points clear of the relegation spots.