Liverpool FC 2 – 0 Chelsea FC Football Highlights
GOAL : 51′ Sadio Mane 1 – 0
There it is! Liverpool take the lead at Anfield and at this moment are going back to the top of the league.
The ball is picked up in the box by Henderson, who takes the ball to the byline and dinks a cross to the back post, where Sadio Mane simply cannot miss.
GOAL : 53′ Mohamed Salah 2 – 0
Mo Salah has just scored one of the goals of the season. He picks the ball up out wide on the right and moves inside onto his preferred left foot. From fully 25 yards out he fires an absolute bullet into the top corner.
Anfield absolutely erupts and Liverpool have responded to Man City’s earlier victory in the perfect fashion.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
🌕44′ Cesar Azpilicueta
⚽51′ Sadio Mane 1 – 0
⚽53′ Mohamed Salah 2 – 0
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Liverpool : Alisson 7, Alexander-Arnold 8, Matip 8, Van Dijk 7, Robertson 7, Fabinho 8, Henderson 8, Keita 7, Mane 8, Firmino 7, Salah 8. Subs: Wijnaldum 6, Milner 6, Shaqiri n/a.
Chelsea FC : Kepa 7, Azpilicueta 7, Rudiger 7, Luiz 7, Emerson 7, Kante 7, Jorginho 6, Loftus-Cheek 6, Willian 6, Hazard 7, Hudson-Odoi 6. Subs: Christensen 6, Higuain 6, Barkley n/a.
Man Of The Match :
- Liverpool registered just their third win over Chelsea in their last 17 meetings in all competitions (W3 D8 L6) and their first at Anfield since a 4-1 win in the Premier League in May 2012.
- Chelsea have lost their last six away Premier League matches against fellow ‘big six’ opponents, conceding 16 goals across those defeats.
- This was Liverpool’s 26th Premier League victory of the season, equalling their record from the 2013-14 campaign under Brendan Rodgers. They last won more in a top-flight season in 1978-79 (30 wins).
- Sadio Mané has scored 21 goals in all competitions this season – his best tally in a season for an English side.
- Mohamed Salah’s goal was his first from outside the box in the Premier League since scoring against Manchester City in January 2018.
- This was Jürgen Klopp’s 200th match in charge of Liverpool in all competitions (W112 D52 L36).
- Aged 18 years and 158 days, Callum Hudson-Odoi became the youngest Chelsea player to start three consecutive Premier League games.
- Since the start of last season, Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has scored more goals in all competitions than any other Premier League player (66).
- Liverpool haven’t won any of their last six Premier League games at Anfield against Chelsea (D4 L2); the Reds have never endured a longer winless home run against an opponent in the competition.
- Chelsea have only lost twice in their last 16 meetings with Liverpool in all competitions (W6 D8), though both of those defeats came at Stamford Bridge. The Blues’ last defeat at Anfield came back in May 2012 in the Premier League (1-4).
- Chelsea have already won away at Liverpool this season, beating them 2-1 in the Carabao Cup. They’ve never won twice at Anfield within the same season, with Arsenal in 2006-07 the last side to do so against Liverpool.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 37 Premier League games at Anfield – only once in their top-flight history have they had a longer unbeaten home run (63 between Feb 1978-Dec 1980).
- Chelsea have lost their last five Premier League away games against fellow ‘big six’ opponents, including all three this season by an aggregate score of 1-11. However, the Blues have won three of their last four away league games against sides starting the day top, including a 2-0 victory at Anfield in April 2014.
- Chelsea have won three Premier League games in a row for the first time since September 2018, when they won their first five matches in the competition under Maurizio Sarri.
- Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge netted the equaliser for his side at Stamford Bridge in the reverse fixture back in September; the only player to previously net both home and away against the Blues within the same campaign was Fabio Borini, who did so for Sunderland during the 2015-16 season.
- Only three of the last 32 visiting managers have managed to taste victory in their first Premier League trip to Anfield (W3 D5 L24); Louis van Gaal in March 2015, Slaven Bilic in August 2015 and most recently, Paul Clement in January 2017.
- Roberto Firmino has scored seven goals in his last six Premier League home games for Liverpool. However, the Brazilian has only faced Manchester United (8) and Everton (7) more often than Chelsea (5) without finding the net in the Premier League.
- Chelsea’s Eden Hazard has had a hand in more goals than any other Premier League player this season (28 – 16 goals and 12 assists). The only league season in which the Belgian has been involved in more goals was in 2011/12 with Ligue 1 club Lille (36).