FC Barcelona 3 – 0 Liverpool FC Football Highlights
Venue : Canp Nou
Goal : 26′ Luis Suarez 1 – 0
Oh, it just had to be him didn’t it. What a finish.
Alba produces the goods down the left. He whips a sensational ball from deep into the danger zone. Matip is caught on his heels, Van Dijk stands still and Suarez nips in. The master of anticipation. He slides in and flicks a clever finish over Alisson.
Did he celebrate? YOU BET HE DID!
GOAL : 75′ Lionel Messi 2 – 0
Like all good teams, Barcelona ruthlessly punish Liverpool, who now have a real job on.
Suarez darts in behind once more and latches onto a deflected through ball. His instinctive kneed finish rattles the crossbar but the Liverpool defenders are standing and watching. Messi isn’t. With Alisson out of the picture he controls the ball on his chest and rolls home into the empty net.
GOAL : 82′ Lionel Messi 3 – 0
There are no words. But I’ll try.
This is majestic. He’s a good 30 yards out and with one strike of his left boot the ball curls straight into the top corner. You couldn’t have placed it better if you went up to the goal and threw it from one yard. Absolutely sublime from the No.10.
In a blink of an eye, Liverpool are staring down the barrel.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
⚽26′ Luis Suarez 1 – 0
🌕39′ Clement Lenglet
⚽75′ Lionel Messi 2 – 0
🌕82′ Luis Suarez
⚽82′ Lionel Messi 3 – 0
🌕86′ Jordi Alba
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Fc Barcelona : Ter Stegen (8), Roberto (6), Pique (7), Lenglet (7), Alba (8), Rakitic (7), Busquets (8), Vidal (6), Messi (9), Suarez (9), Coutinho (6).
Subs used: Semedo (6), Dembele (n/a), Alena (n/a).
Liverpool FC : Alisson (6), Gomez (6), Matip (6), Van Dijk (6), Robertson (7), Fabinho (6), Wijnaldum (6), Milner (6), Keita (6), Salah (7), Mane (7).
Subs used: Henderson (7), Firmino (n/a), Origi (n/a).
Man Of The Match : Lionel Messi
Post Match Stats
- Liverpool suffered their joint-heaviest Champions League defeat, also losing 0-3 to Real Madrid in October 2014.
- Barcelona’s Luis Suárez scored his first Champions League goal of the season, with his 36th shot of the campaign; his previous goal in the competition was in April 2018 against Roma, whose goalkeeper that day was Alisson.
- Liverpool have now lost more matches in the Champions League this season (4 in 11 matches) than in all other competitions combined (3 in 38 matches).
- In the top five European leagues in all competitions, Barcelona’s Lionel Messi has scored eight direct free-kick goals this season – twice as many as any other player.
La Liga Champions FC Barcelona will take on English Premier League contenders Liverpool FC in the semi finals of the UEFA Champions League at Camp Nou, Wednesday May 1st.
The Newly Crowned Champions will be looking to eliminate another English giant in the competition this season after defeating Manchester United 4 – 0 in two legs to reach this stage of the competition.
Liverpool FC having an almost perfect record this season, are out to do what their arch rivals Manchester United have consistently failed to do against the Spanish giants.
Pre Game Stats
- Liverpool are the only English side to win away at Barcelona in European competition, beating them 1-0 in the 1975/76 UEFA Cup and 2-1 in the 2006-07 Champions League.
- Barcelona have only progressed from one of their four European Cup/Champions league semi-finals against English opposition, having been knocked out in 1974/75 by Leeds United, 2007/08 by Man Utd and 2011/12 by Chelsea. Their only such progression came in 2008/09 against Chelsea, before beating Man Utd in the final in Rome.
- Barcelona are unbeaten in 31 Champions League home games (W28 D3), the best ever such run in the competition. The Catalan giants have conceded just 15 goals in those 31 games, and never more than once in a match.
- Barcelona’s next goal in the Champions League will be their 500th strike in the competition; only Real Madrid (551) have scored more such goals than the Spanish champions.
- Barcelona’s Lionel Messi has scored 24 goals in just 32 Champions League matches against English opposition, however the Argentine has failed to net in his two previous such appearances versus Liverpool.