Leicester City 3 – 0 Arsenal FC Football Highlights
Venue : King Power Stadium
Red Card :
MAITLAND-NILES SENT OFF FOR ARSENAL! He’s been walking a tightrope. Maddison gets to the ball just ahead of him and he slides in late. A needless foul. Referee Michael Oliver is on the case and draws out the second yellow. That equals a red. Arsenal in trouble.
GOAL : 59′ Youri Tielemans 1 – 0
Just as Arsenal were looking relatively comfortable, Leicester conjure up the quality required. Maddison drops into the pocket again and spots his mate’s run into the box. He ghosts in between the Arsenal centre-backs and the ball is spot on. Tielemans thumps home the header.
“Champions League, you’re having a laugh,” sing the home fans.
GOAL :86′ Jamie Vardy 2 – 0
ROUTE ONE MAKES IT 2-0! A goal kick completely opens up the Arsenal defence. Vardy races clear and lofts the ball over Leno…….the ball comes back off the crossbar but like any good striker Vardy iswaitingfor the rebound. He heads home from six yards.
That’s his eighth goal in eight games under Brendan Rodgers. Revitalised.
Arsenal are heading for their third straight defeat.
GOAL : 90′ Jamie Vardy 3 – 0
That wraps it up! Arsenal are cut open again. Ricardo dribbles his way down the right and pulls a ball across the face of goal which is tapped home by Vardy – Arsenal concede three for the third game running. Oh dear.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
🌕8′ Ainsley Maitland-Niles
🌕13′ Wilfred Ndidi
🌕🔴36′ Ainsley Maitland-Niles
⚽59′ Youri Tielemans 1 – 0
🌕65′ Ricardo Pereira
🌕70′ Ben Chilwell
⚽86′ Jamie Vardy 2 – 0
⚽90′ Jamie Vardy 3 – 0
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Leicester City : Schmeichel (7), Pereira (8), Evans (7), Maguire (7), Chilwell (7), Ndidi (7), Choudhury (7), Maddison (8), Albrighton (7), Tielemans (9), Vardy (8)
Subs used: Barnes (7), Mendy (N/A)
Arsenal FC : Leno (9), Maitland-Niles (5), Mustafi (6), Kolasinac (6), Sokratis (6), Torreira (6), Xhaka (6), Iwobi (5), Mkhitaryan (6), Lacazette (6), Aubameyang (6)
Subs used: Koscienly (6), Nketiah (6)
Man Of The Match : Youri Tielemans
Post Game Stats
- Leicester have won back-to-back home league games against Arsenal for the first time since November 1983.
- Arsenal have lost three consecutive league games, while conceding at least three goals each time for the first time since May 1966.
- Only Liverpool and Manchester City have earned more Premier League points than Leicester since Brendan Rodgers took charge in March (16).
- Arsenal have lost four of their last five Premier League games, as many as they had in their previous 29 in the competition. The Gunners have also lost three in a row for the first time under Unai Emery.
- Only Manchester United (6) have been shown more red cards than Arsenal (5) among Premier League sides in all competitions this season.
- Youri Tielemans has been directly involved in seven goals in his last nine Premier League games for Leicester (3 goals, 4 assists).
- All three of Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers’ Premier League victories against Arsenal have come at different clubs (Swansea, Liverpool, Leicester).
- Leicester’s Jamie Vardy has scored more Premier League goals against Arsenal than he has against any other side in the competition (8).
Pre Game Stats
- Leicester have won just one of their last 24 Premier League meetings with Arsenal (D7 L16), though it was in this exact fixture last season (3-1).
- Arsenal haven’t lost consecutive away league games against Leicester since November 1983.
- After a run of four consecutive Premier League victories, Leicester are winless in their last two under Brendan Rodgers (D1 L1).
- Leicester have lost eight Premier League home games this season. They’ve only lost more in a single campaign in the competition in 1994-95 (10) and 2001-02 (9).
- Arsenal have lost their last two Premier League games on a Sunday, last losing three such games in a row back in March 2013.
- Arsenal have never lost a Premier League game that has kicked off at 12 noon, winning 15 and drawing four. Their last such match was a 5-1 win at Fulham earlier this season.
- Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers hasn’t lost consecutive home league games at any of his clubs since September 2012, losing vs Arsenal and Manchester United at Anfield as Liverpool boss.
- Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers has won just two of his nine Premier League meetings with Arsenal (D3 L4), beating them with Swansea in January 2012 and Liverpool in March 2014. Just two managers have won as many as three Premier League games against the Gunners with each victory coming while in charge of a different club (Chris Hughton and Roy Hodgson).
- Arsenal’s Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored three goals in his two league games against Leicester, averaging a goal every 40 minutes against the Foxes.
- Leicester striker Jamie Vardy has scored six goals in his last seven Premier League games against Arsenal – only against Liverpool (7) has he scored more in the competition than he has against the Gunners (6).