FC Barcelona 3 – 0 Manchester United Football Highlights
(UEFA Champions League QF – 2nd Leg)
Agg 4 – 0
GOAL : 16′ Lionel Messi 1 – 0
Young gives it away in the left-back position and he pays the price. The defender tries to recover by sliding for the ball, but Messi nips in, then knocks it past Fred before cutting across the edge of the box and finishing with a fine low into the bottom corner.
GOAL : 20′ Lionel Messi 2 – 0
De Gea has just gifted Barcelona a goal.
Messi hits a low shot from outside the box that is straight at the goalkeeper.
De Gea dives down to gather it but the ball squirms underneath his body and goes into the net. A shocking error from a goalkeeper of De Gea’s calibre.
GOAL : 61′ Philippe Coutinho 3 – 0
Wow. Fabulous strike from Coutinho.
Messi chips down the left for Alba, who knocks down for Coutinho. He takes a touch inside and then fires a right-footed shot into the far corner from 25 yards out.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
⚽16′ Lionel Messi 1 – 0
⚽20′ Lionel Messi 2 – 0
⚽61′ Philippe Coutinho 3 – 0
🌕77′ Luis Suarez
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
FC Barcelona : Ter Stegen (7), Sergi Roberto (7), Pique (7), Lenglet (7), Alba (8), Rakitic (7), Busquets (7), Arthur (7), Messi (9), Suarez (6), Coutinho (8)
Subs: Semedo (6), Vidal (5), Dembele (5)
Manchester United : De Gea (4), Lindelof (6), Jones (5), Smalling (6), Young (4), Fred (5), McTominay (6), Pogba (5), Lingard (5), Rashford (5), Martial (5)
Subs: Dalot (6), Lukaku (6), Sanchez (6)
Man Of The Match : Lionel Messi
- Of the 70 previous occasions a side has won a Champions League knockout tie first leg away from home, just four have been eliminated (6 per cent). However, two of those instances have been in this season’s competition, including once by Manchester United.
- Barcelona have never lost a home match against Man Utd in European competition (W2 D2), with their last such meeting finishing 0-0 in April 2008.
- Barcelona have progressed from 39 of their 41 European ties in which they won the first leg away from home – the exceptions were against FC Koln in the 1980-81 UEFA Cup, and against Metz in the 1984-85 Cup Winners’ Cup.
- Manchester United have progressed from one of their four previous European ties in which they lost the first leg at home, although it was in the last round against Paris Saint-Germain.
- Barcelona are unbeaten in 30 Champions League home games, the longest such run in the competition (W27 D3). They’ve also not conceded more than once in any of those 30 games (15 goals in total) since a 0-3 loss to Bayern Munich in the 2012-13 semi-finals.
- 90 per cent of Manchester United’s Champions League goals this season have come away from home (9/10). However, the Red Devils have won just one of their last five away knockout stage games in the competition (D2 L2).
- In their first leg defeat, Manchester United failed to register a single shot on target for the first time in a Champions League game since March 2005 (0-1 vs Milan).
- Manchester United have lost 49 Champions League games – they could become the ninth different club to reach 50 defeats in the competition, and just the second English side (Arsenal, 53).
- Barcelona’s Lionel Messi has scored 22 goals in 31 Champions League games against English opponents, more than any other player in the competition. 13 of those strikes have come in his last nine against English sides at Camp Nou, including hat-tricks vs Arsenal (April 2010) and Manchester City (October 2016).
- Barcelona striker Luis Suarez has had more shots without finding the net than any other player in the Champions League this season (33).