Chelsea FC 2 – 2 Burnley FC Football Highlights
Venue : Stanford Bridge
GOAL : 8′ 0 – 1 Jeff Hendrick
Burnley take the lead with their first shot on target and what a strike it is.
A corner is cleared to Hendrick on the edge of the area, who takes it first time and volleys it into the top corner.
GOAL :12′ N’Golo Kante 1 – 1
The perfect response for Chelsea. Eden Hazard twists and turns Matthew Lowton, leaving the Burnley defender on the floor, and cuts the ball back for N’Golo Kante.
His finish is emphatic and Chelsea are level already.
Goal : 14′ Gonzalo Higuain 2 – 1
It’s raining goals at Stamford Bridge and all three of them have been crackers.
Higuain turns on the edge of the box, plays a one-two with Azpilicueta and fires in a bullet off the bar from the right-hand side of the penalty area.
An important goal for the striker and Chelsea, who are going third as it stands.
Goal : 24′ 2 – 2 Ashley Barnes
Burnley have barely had a kick, but they’re level at Stamford Bridge.
The free-kick is drifted into the back post, where Ben Mee nods it across the six-yard box. Chris Wood then diverts it into the path of Ashley Barnes who has the simple task of putting the ball into the back of the net.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
⚽8′ 0 – 1 Jeff Hendrick
⚽12′ N’Golo Kante 1 – 1
⚽14′ Gonzalo Higuain 2 – 1
⚽24′ 2 – 2 Ashley Barnes
🌕32′ Tom Heaton
🌕90′ Mateo Kovacic
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Chelsea : Kepa (6), Azpilicueta (6), Luiz (6), Christensen (6), Emerson (6), Jorginho (6), Kante (7), Loftus-Cheek (7), Hazard (7), Higuain (7), Hudson-Odoi (6)
Subs used: Pedro (6), Kovacic (6), Giroud (6)
Burnley FC : Heaton (6), Lowton (6), Mee (8), Tarkowski (7), Taylor (7), Hendrick (8), Cork (7), Westwood (7), McNeil (6), Wood (7), Barnes (7)
Subs used: N/A
Man Of The Match : Ben Mee
- Since their 3-2 victory against Chelsea in this exact fixture last season, Burnley have failed to win any of their last 11 Premier League away games versus ‘big six’ opposition (D5 L6).
- Chelsea conceded two goals from set-pieces (exc. penalties) in a single Premier League game at Stamford Bridge for the first time since May 2011 versus Newcastle.
- Hazard has provided 13 assists in the Premier League in 2018-19, the most in the competition this season and one more than he registered in his previous three seasons combined (12).
- Kante has scored four goals in 34 Premier League games this season, one more than he netted in his previous three campaigns in the competition combined (three goals in 106 apps).
- Barnes has scored 11 Premier League goals this season, the joint-most by a Burnley player in a single campaign in the competition (also Danny Ings in 2014-15).
- Higuain has scored 10+ league goals in each of his last 11 seasons in Europe’s top five leagues (4 for Chelsea, 6 for Milan in 2018-19).