Chelsea 3 – 0 Brighton Hove Albion Football Highlights
Venue : Stanford Bridge
Key Moments Recap :
Goal : 38′ Olivier Giroud 1 – 0
Hudson-Odoi takes on Knockaert down the right, glides past him with ease and then puts in a low cross to the near post for Giroud to flick into the net.
Goal : 60′ Eden Hazard 2 – 0
He’s set up with a quick pass around the corner from Loftus-Cheek that opens up space. Hazard checks inside on the edge of the box and then curls a fine shot into the far corner and beyond Ryan.
Goal : 63′ Ruben Loftus-Cheek 3 – 0
It’s another fine goal as Hazard turns around the corner for Loftus-Cheek and he curls a brilliant shot into the far corner from around 20 yards out.
Much like the second goal, only roles reversed, and probably a better finish.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (3 – 0) And Cards
⚽38′ Olivier Giroud 1 – 0
⚽60′ Eden Hazard 2 – 0
⚽63′ Ruben Loftus-Cheek 3 – 0
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Chelsea : Kepa, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Christensen, Emerson, Jorginho, Kante, Loftus-Cheek, Hazard, Hudson-Odoi, Giroud
Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Barkley, Higuain, Kovacic, Zappacosta, Willian
Brighton & Hove Albion : Ryan, Bruno, Duffy, Dunk, Bong, Stephens, Bissouma, Propper, March, Jahanbakhsh, Andone
Subs: Button, Kayal, Knockaert, Murray, Izquierdo, Bernardo, Burn
Man Of The Match :
- Chelsea have won all seven of their league games against Brighton – only Wimbledon against Bournemouth (8/8) have a better 100% win record against an opponent in English Football League history.
- Brighton have lost all four of their away games against Chelsea in all competitions, failing to score each time.
- The Blues have won their last nine games in all competitions against Brighton, last winning 10 in a row against an opponent vs Bolton between 2008-2014.
- Sarri’s side have lost just one Premier League home game so far this season (vs Leicester in December), and have kept six clean sheets in their last nine at Stamford Bridge.
- Brighton won their last away Premier League game (2-1 vs Crystal Palace), but haven’t won consecutive league games on the road since November 2017. They have lost all nine of their Premier League away games against ‘big six’ sides, scoring just two goals in those matches.
- Hughton’s side have won just one of their 11 midweek Premier League games (D5 L5), winning 3-1 against Crystal Palace earlier this season.
- Eden Hazard has been directly involved in four goals in his last two Premier League appearances against Brighton, scoring three and assisting another. Hazard has been directly involved in 14 of Chelsea’s 29 Premier League goals at Stamford Bridge this season (8 goals, 6 assists), twice that of any other player at the club.
- Glenn Murray has scored a Premier League goal on Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday this season. He could become the first player since Zlatan Ibrahimovic in 2016-17 to score on as many as six different days of the week in a single Premier League campaign.
Chelsea FC will welcome Brighton to Stanford Bridge with hopes of moving into the top four with a victory while Chris Hughton’s side will be hoping to go further away from the relegations spots, as possible.
Chelsea needed an injury time goal to defeat Cardiff City on Sunday, while Brighton fell undeservingly at home to Southampton on Saturday but despite that, Maurizio Sarri and his Boys are expected to win this game.
Callum Hudson-Odoi might be in the Maurizio Sarri Premier League starting eleven this Wednesday, while Kante and Eden Hazard will be returning to the team, afteidr both got rested against Cardiff.
Alonso will be sidelined for the game due to a hamstring issues.
Midfielder Pascal Gross remains unavailable with a hamstring issue, while Romania forward Andone could be making his return after returning back to training