Cardiff City 0 – 2 Liverpool FC Football Highlights
Venue : Cardiff City Stadium
GOAL : 56′ 0 – 1 Georginio Wijnaldum
Liverpool do keep the pressure on though and win their seventh corner of the afternoon, which Alexander-Arnold looks to have scuffed and barely gets off the ground.
But it runs through to the middle where Wijnaldum, totally lost by Morrison, peels away and wraps his foot around the ball to fire beyond Etheridge. Genius or fluke?
GOAL : 81′ 0 – 2 (pen.) James Milner
Milner makes no mistake, sending Etheridge the wrong way from 12 yards with a powerful effort into the bottom-right corner and unveiling an old man celebration – steady on James, you’re only 33!
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
⚽56′ 0 – 1 Georginio Wijnaldum
⚽81′ 0 – 2 (pen.) James Milner
🌕82′ Aron Gunnarsson
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Cardiff City : Etheridge, Peltier, Morrison, Manga, Bennett, Gunnarsson, Ralls, Mendez-Laing, Camarasa, Hoilett, Niasse.
Subs: Smithies, Cunningham, Bacuna, Harris, Murphy, Reid, Zohore
Liverpool FC : Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino.
Subs: Mignolet, Gomez, Milner, Fabinho, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Origi.
Man Of The Match :
- Cardiff have lost their three Premier League meetings with Liverpool, conceding 13 goals. The Bluebirds have never lost more top-flight matches in a row versus the Reds.
- A Liverpool victory would see Cardiff become the sixth side the Reds will have beaten in each of their first four Premier League meetings after QPR, West Brom, Wigan, Burnley and Brighton.
- Liverpool have won each of their last nine Premier League matches against newly promoted sides, scoring 27 goals and conceding just three. The Reds have never won 10 successive such matches in the competition.
- Cardiff have picked up just two points from their 22 Premier League games against the six ever-present sides in the competition (W0 D2 L20), losing their last 18 in a row against Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs.
- No team has played more English league games on Easter Sunday than Liverpool (7), with the Reds’ only defeat on that day coming in 2008 (0-3 vs Man Utd).
- Liverpool have won their last five Premier League games, with the winning goal each time coming after half-time.
- Cardiff have conceded 5+ goals in three different home league games this season – no side has ever conceded as many in more different home matches in a single Premier League campaign (Derby also 3 in 2007-08).
- Cardiff’s Victor Camarasa has scored in his last two home Premier League games, as many as he had in his first 12 at the Cardiff City Stadium in the competition.
- Mohamed Salah has scored 19 league goals this season, and could become just the third Liverpool player to score 20 in consecutive Premier League campaigns (Robbie Fowler 1994-95 and 1995-96, Luis Suarez 2012-13 and 2013-14).
- Sadio Mane has scored 10 goals in his last 12 Premier League games for Liverpool – coming into this round of matches, no player has scored more Premier League goals in 2019 than the Senegalese forward (10, same as Sergio Aguero).