AFC Bournemouth 1 – 3 Burnley Football Highlights
Venue : Vitality Stadium
Key Moments Recap :
Goal : 4′ Ashley Barnes (o.g.) 1 – 0
Fraser launches it in from the free-kick, Lerma flicks it on from about 15 yards out and Barnes gets above Ake and nods it in at the far post beyond Heaton’s despairing dive.It’s unfortunate for the Austrian striker, but once Ake was ahead of him he was always in trouble.
Goal : 18′ 1 – 1 Chris Wood
Begovic gifts Burnley an equaliser from the resulting corner, flapping at the cross as it comes in from Westwood, missing it altogether and leaving Wood a simple headed finish at the far post from only a couple of yards out.
Goal : 20′ 1 – 2 Ashley Westwood
What a start at the Vitality – and especially for Burnley! McNeil gets almost to the byline, crosses in low and Mepham’s scuffed clearance is going nowhere before Westwood runs onto the loose ball just inside the area and lashes it into the far corner beyond Begovic.
Goal : 65′ 1 – 3 Ashley Barnes
Embarrassing doesn’t cover it. Bournemouth are masters of their own downfall and fall two behind.
First off, they think the ball has gone out for a throw-in, there’s no flag and Burnley keep playing. Taylor crosses from the left, Begovic drops his cross under pressure at the near post from Wood, and Barnes fires in the loose ball with Bournemouth already protesting.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
DelivereDd by FeedBurner
Goals (1 – 3) And Cards
⚽4′ Ashley Barnes (o.g.) 1 – 0
⚽18′ 1 – 1 Chris Wood
⚽20′ 1 – 2 Ashley Westwood
🌕29′ Nathaniel Clyne
🌕32′ Jeff Hendrick
🌕35′ Ashley Barnes
⚽65′ 1 – 3 Ashley Barnes
🌕78′ Ben Mee
🌕90′ Adam Smith
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
AFC Bournemouth : Begovic (4), Clyne (4), Mepham (4), Ake (5), Smith (6), Brooks (6), Lerma (5), Gosling (5), Fraser (6), Wilson (5), King (5).
Subs: Rico (6), Solanke (5), Stanislas (5).
Burnley: Heaton (6), Lowton (7), Tarkowski (7), Mee (7), Taylor (7), Cork (6), Hendrick (6), Westwood (7), Barnes (8), Wood (7), McNeil (8).
Subs: Gudmundsson (6).
Man Of The Match : Ashley Barnes
- Burnley completed their first league double over Bournemouth since the 1999-00 season in the third tier.
- Bournemouth are only the second side in Premier League history to concede 60+ goals in four consecutive seasons in the competition, after Wigan Athletic between 2009-10 and 2012-13.
- Only Wolves (4) have netted more Premier League own goals this season than Burnley (3).
- Burnley have scored 40 Premier League goals this season, only in 2009-10 (42) have they netted more in a single campaign in the competition.
- After losing their first four such games, Burnley are unbeaten in their last six Premier League matches on the south coast, winning four and drawing two.
- Ashley Barnes is the first Burnley player to both score a goal and an own goal in a Premier League game.
- Burnley’s Ashley Westwood both scored and assisted in a Premier League game for the first time in his career (181st app).
- Since the start of last season, Chris Wood has scored 22 goals in all competitions, more than any other Burnley player.l
Burnley FC is taking their survival fight to the Vitality Stadium, where Eddie Howe and his team will be hoping to fight their was into the top ten on the league table.
Bounemouth will be without, Defender Steve Cook (groin), along with long-term absentees Andrew Surman (calf) Simon Francis and Lewis Cook (both knee) will be missing.
Burnley will only be without Peter Crouch, as Winger Junior Stanislas and midfielder Dan Gosling should both be available having returned for the defeat at Leicester