Arsenal 2 – 0 Napoli Football Highlights
(UEFA Europa League – QF First Leg)
Venue : Emirates Stadium
Goal : 14′ Ramsey
Ozil turns in midfield, plays into the feet of Ramsey, gets it back and then works it on quickly down the right for Lacazette. He slides into the box for Maitland-Niles, who tees up Ramsey to finish into the bottom corner from 12 yards out.
Goal : 25′ Kalidou Koulibaly (o.g.) 2 – 0
Arsenal’s start gets even better.
Torreira wins the ball midway inside the Napoli half, drives forward to the edge of the box, turns sharply and then hits a shot that takes a big deflection off Koulibaly and flies past Meret.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
⚽15′ Aaron Ramsey 1 – 0
⚽25′ Kalidou Koulibaly (o.g.) 2 – 0
🌕46′ Elseid Hysaj
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Arsenal FC : Cech 6, Maitland-Niles 8, Sokratis 6,
Koscielny 6, Monreal 5, Kolasinac 7, Torreira 7, Ramsey 8, Ozil 7, Lacazette 7, Aubameyang 7.
Subs: Iwobi 6, Mkhitaryan 6.
Napoli : Meret 7, Rui 6, Maksimovic 6, Hysaj 6, Koulibaly 6, Allan 5, Callejon 6, Ruiz 5, Zielinski 5, Mertens 5, Insigne 5. Subs: Milik 6, Ounas N/A, Younes N/A.
Man Of The Match :
- Arsenal and Napoli have faced off just twice before in Europe – home and away in the group stages of the Champions League in 2013-14. Arsenal defeated the Italian side 2-0 at the Emirates, before losing by the same scoreline at the Stadio San Paolo.
- Arsenal have reached the quarter final stages of European competition in consecutive seasons for the first time since 2008-09/2009-10 in the Champions League. The Gunners knocked out CSKA Moscow at this stage of the Europa League last season (6-3 on agg.) before falling to Atletico Madrid in the semi finals.
- Napoli have reached the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup/Europa League for the third time in their history. They fell at the semi final stage in 2014-15, but won the competition in 1988-89 with a side featuring Diego Maradona.
- Arsenal have been beaten just once in their last 17 home games in the UEFA Cup/Europa League (W12 D4) – losing 1-2 to Östersunds FK in the last 32 in 2017-18.
- Napoli have never beaten an English side away from home in European competition (P8 W0 D1 L7) – they have previously lost in such games against Burnley, Leeds United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal.