Ajax 1 – 1 Juventus United Football Highlights
(UEFA Champions League – QF First Leg)
Venue : Amsterdam ArenA
Key Moments Recap :
Goal : 45′ 0 – 1 Cristiano Ronaldo
125 not out for Cristiano Ronaldo! Juventus take a harsh, harsh lead to put Ajax to the sword. It’s a fine goal but a dreadful one for Ajax to concede, with Ronaldo starting the move in midfield and passing over to Cancelo on the right.
The defender gets forward and whips the ball into the box, where Ronaldo has ghosted in between the two centre-backs and has acres of space to head past Onana for the opener.
Goal : 46′ David Neres 1 – 1
What a start to the second half! 29 seconds on the clock when Ajax level the scores – and it’s seven in eight now for Neres, but surely none better than this.
Ajax hold possession from kick-off, playing it around their back line and back to Onana, who looks out onto the left channel where Cancelo intercepts. But a heavy first touch sees him caught in possession, and he’s never catching Neres once he races away. The Brazilian cuts inside, checks onto his right and bends an unstoppable shot past Szczesny.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Enter your email address:
🌕41′ Nicolas Tagliafico
⚽45′ 0 – 1 Cristiano Ronaldo
⚽46′ David Neres 1 – 1
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Ajax : Onana, Veltman, De Ligt, Blind, Tagliafico, Schone, De Jong, Ziyech, Van den Beek, Neres, Tadic.
Subs: Varela, Kristensen, Sinkgraven, Huntelaar, Magallan, Dolberg, Ekkelenkamp.
Juventus : Szczesny, Cancelo, Bonucci, Rugani, Alex Sandro, Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi, Bernardeschi, Mandzukic, Ronaldo.
Subs: Perin, De Sciglio, Khedira, Dybala, Douglas Costa, Kean, Spinazzola.
Man Of The Match :
- Ajax and Juventus will be facing for the ninth time in the European Cup/Champions League and for the first time since November 2004. The Dutch side have not beaten the Italians in the competition since winning the 1973 European Cup final in Belgrade (1-0).
- Juventus are unbeaten in each of their last nine European matches against Ajax (W5 D4), including a draw in the 1996 Champions League final before going on to lift the trophy thanks to a penalty shoot-out victory.
- Ajax are the first Dutch side to reach the quarter-finals of the Champions League since PSV did so back in 2006/07. Indeed, Ajax find themselves at this stage for the first time since 2002/03, when they were eliminated by AC Milan.
- Ajax (24y 202d) have had a younger starting XI on average in the Champions League this season than any other side left in the competition.
- Only Lionel Messi (11) has had a direct hand in more goals in this season’s Champions League than Ajax’s Dusan Tadic (nine – six goals, three assists).