Claressa Shields vs. Christina Hammer Fight Card And Results
Date : April 13th, 9 p.m. ET
Venue : Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Claressa Shields and Christiana Hammer will both fight for the Undisputed Middleweight crown and the winner will be the second female fighter to unify all four major belts in a particular division. The fight will be aired live on Showtime (April 13th, 9 p.m. ET) from Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
The fight was first announced back in September and was initially scheduled for November but Hammer pulled out due to injury. Shields has been the most busiest of the two and has made to successful defenses with decision wins in consecutive months over Hannah Rankin and Femke Hermans to defend her IBF, WBA and WBC titles.
The WBO champion and WBC champion in recess Hammer has been inactive since her unanimous decision victory over Tori Nelson back in June, 2018.
The winner will go down in history alongside current undisputed women’s welterweight champion Cecilia Braekhus, along with current and former men’s champions Terrence Crawford, Jermain Taylor, Bernard Hopkins, Oleksandr Usyk-vs-takam-fight-on-may-17-25-says-hearn, as the only boxer to ever unify the four major titles in a Particular division.
Enter your email address:
- Claressa Shields vs. Christina Hammer, 10 rounds, IBF/WBA/WBC/WBO women’s middleweight unification
- Jermaine Franklin vs. Rydell Booker, 10 rounds, heavyweights
- Otto Wallin vs. Nick Kisner, 10 rounds, heavyweights
- Title fight: Elena Gradinar vs. Brenda Karen Carabajal, 10 rounds, for vacant IBF women’s featherweight title
- Ja’Rico O’Quinn vs. Vicente Alfaro Martinez, 8 rounds, junior bantamweights
- Samuel Peter vs. Mario Heredia, 8 rounds, heavyweights
- Jesse Angel Hernandez vs. Edgar Joe Cortes, 8 rounds, junior featherweights
- Darrion Lawson vs. Saul Almeida, 4 rounds, super middleweights