Swansea City 2 – 3 Manchester City Football Highlights
(FA Cup Quarter Final)
Venue : The Liberty Stadium
Key Moments Recap :Goal : 20′ Matt Grimes (pen.) 1 – 0
Roberts takes a lovely touch to bring down a high ball and get into the box. He is away from Delph, who slides and brings him down from behind…Emphatic from Grimes as he powers the penalty into the corner to put Swansea ahead.
Goal : 29′ Bersant Celina 2 – 0
The home side quickly work the ball out of defence and James bursts away down the left side. He plays inside for Dyer, who passes to Celina, and he produces a brilliant curling first-time finish into the far corner from the edge of the box.
Goal : 2 – 1 Bernardo Silva
Aguero has a shot blocked in the box but the striker gets the loose ball and tees up Bernardo Silva, who hits a fabulous shot across goal with the outside of his boot that flies past the goalkeeper.
Goal : 2 – 2 (o.g.) Kristoffer Nordfeldt
Very, very fortunate for City as Aguero’s penalty hits the post and the ball rebounds out and deflects into the net off goalkeeper Nordfeldt.
Goal : 2 – 3 Sergio Aguero
Comeback complete. Bernardo Silva curls a cross into the box and Aguero gets ahead of his marker and stoops to finish with a fine header into the bottom corner.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (2 – 3) And Cards
⚽20′ Matt Grimes (pen.) 1 – 0
⚽29′ Bersant Celina 2 – 0
⚽69′ 2 – 1 Bernardo Silva
⚽78′ 2 – 2 (o.g.) Kristoffer Nordfeldt
⚽88′ 2 – 3 Sergio Aguero
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Swansea City : Nordfeldt (7), Roberts (6), Van der Hoorn (6), Carter-Vickers (6), Grimes (7), Fulton (6), Celina (7), Byers (6), Dyer (6), James (6), Routledge (6)
Subs: Asoro (5), John (5), Harries (5)
Manchester City : Ederson (6), Walker (6), Otamendi (6), Laporte (5), Delph (5), Gundogan (6), David Silva (6), Bernardo Silva (8), Sane (6), Mahrez (5), Jesus (6)
Subs: Sterling (6), Zinchenko (6), Aguero (7)
Man Of The Match :
- Manchester City have reached the FA Cup semi-final in two of the last three seasons – as many as they had in their previous 35 campaigns in the competition.
- Manchester City have come from 2+ goals down to win in any competition for the first time under manager Pep Guardiola.
- Swansea found the net with both of their shots on target in this match.
- Manchester City have scored more goals than any other side in the FA Cup this season (19).
- Man City have benefitted from seven own goals in all competitions this season, more than any other Premier League side.
- Sergio Aguero has been involved in 22 goals in 20 FA Cup appearances for Manchester City (18 goals, 4 assists).
- Bernardo Silva has scored 10 goals in 41 appearances in all competitions for Man City this season, one more than he managed in 53 games in 2017-18.
- Swansea’s Nathan Dyer has had a hand in five goals in his last five starts in the FA Cup (4 goals, 1 assist).
Swansea City will fancy their minute chances of qualifying into the Semi Finals of the Emirates FA Cup when they host Premier League leaders Manchester City at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday, 16th of March.
Visibly the underdogs, Swansea have had a pretty bad form of late. Losing four of their last six games in the Sky Bet Championship, with their last win a 2 – 0 win over Bolton, three outings ago.
Manchester City on the other hand, have been on incredible form. Beating Schalke 04 7 – 0 at the Etihad on Tuesday and have won all but one game in their last six outings. A goalless draw against Chelsea in the Carabao Cup Final.
Manchester City will be on high spirits going into the game due to their midweek performance and their recent record against Championship teams but Swansea will clearly be riding their chances on luck.