Paris Saint-Germain 1 – 3 Manchester United Football Highlights
(UEFA Champions League)
Venue : Parc des Princes
Agg: 3 – 2
Key Moments Recap :Goal : 0 – 1 Romelu Lukaku
PSG are knocking it about the back nonchalantly… Kehrer square pass for Silva is underhit and the centre-half is sleeping. Lukaku steals in, is through on goal, has a heavy first touch but manages to round the goalkeeper.
It looks to be heading mout of play, but Lukaku has to slide in to squeeze the goal home from the tightest of angles
Goal : Juan Bernat 1 – 1
Bailly plays Mbappe onside as he receives a ball on the right of the box, and Bailly is sleeping at the back post again as Bernat evades him to tap home Mbappe’s fine ball across the face of goal.
Goal : 1 – 2 Romelu Lukaku
Rashford, who hasn’t had the best five minutes, has a go from 25 yards. It’s dipping but should be easy for Buffon.
But NO! Buffon spills it into Lukaku’s path, and the Belgian turns home with ease for 2-1 on the night, and 3-2 on aggregate
Goal : 1 – 3 (pen.) Marcus Rashford
RASHFORD SLAMS IT INTO THE TOP LEFT CORNER! OH MY LORD!!
The whole United bench go insane! It’s a miracle in Paris!
PSG absolutely stunned. Quite unbelievable finish!
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (1-3) And Cards
⚽2′ 0 – 1 Romelu Lukaku
⚽12′ Juan Bernat 1 – 1
⚽30′ 1 – 2 Romelu Lukaku
🌕34′ Angel Di Maria
🌕75′ Leandro Daniel Pare…
⚽90′ 1 – 3 (pen.) Marcus Rashford
🌕90′ Luke Shaw
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Paris Saint Germain : Buffon (5), Kehrer (4), Silva (7), Kimpembe (5), Bernat (7), Verratti (7), Marquinhos (6), Dani Alves (6), Draxler (6), Di Maria (7), Mbappe (6).
Subs: Paredes (5), Meunier (6), Cavani (n/a).
Manchester United : De Gea (7), Young (8), Bailly (7), Smalling (8), Lindelof (7), Shaw (8), McTominay (8), Fred (7), Pereira (7), Rashford (9), Lukaku (9).
Subs: Dalot (7), Chong (6), Greenwood (6).
Man Of The Match : Marcus Rashford.
- Manchester United became the first team in Champions League history to qualify for the next round having lost the first leg of a knockout match at home by two or more goals.
- PSG conceded with three of the four shots on target they faced in this game and have been eliminated at the last 16 stage in each of the last three Champions League seasons.
- Romelu Lukaku’s first goal after 111 seconds was Man Utd’s fastest in a Champions League knockout match since Wayne Rooney scored after 63 seconds against Bayern Munich in March 2010.
- Marcus Rashford’s winning penalty was the first he has ever taken in a competitive match for Manchester United.
- PSG have lost seven of their last 12 Champions League knockout matches (W4 D1), including each of their last two at the Parc des Princes.
- Since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first match in charge on December 22nd, only Manchester City (15) have won more matches in all competitions than Man Utd (14) among teams in the top five European leagues.
- Manchester United have now scored in 21 consecutive away matches in all competitions, equalling the club record set between November 1956 and September 1957 under Sir Matt Busby.
- Mason Greenwood became the youngest player to appear for Manchester United in the Champions League, aged 17 years and 156 days, breaking the record held by Gerard Pique (17y 310d).
Manchester United will face a tough tasktof overturning a two goal deficit they incurred in the first leg of their UEFA Champions League round of 16 clash at Old Trafford, thanks for two goals from Kimbepe and Kylian Mbappe.
The two goal deficit isn’t the only problems Manchester United is facing. They have a truck load of injuries that might see them miss 10 first team players including Paul Pogba,, who is suspended for his Red card in the first leg.
PSG on the other hand, have had a 100% percent record in their last six games including their win over Manchester United at Old Trafford, which will be their primary source of confidence when United visits the Parc de Princes.
Manchester United will be without Ander Herrera, Jesse Lingard, Nemanja Matic, Anthony Martial, Juan Mata,Alexis Sanchez Phil Jones and Antonio Valencia are also out. Leaving Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with a limited team to select from.
Manchester United Predicted Lineup
De Gea; Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw; Dalot, McTominay, Pereira, Fred; Lukaku Rashford
PSG will still be without Neymar Jr in the second leg due to metatarsal injury, Edinson Cavani might return after missing the first leg. PSG coach Thomas Tuchel will have many tactical options, among which might be the compact system he employed at Old Trafford.
Paris Saint Germain Predicted Line Up
Buffon, Kehrer, Kimpembe, Silva, Bernat, Alves, Di Maria, Marquinhos, Verratti, Draxler, Mbappe