Michael Conlan Dominates. Ruben Garcia To A Unanimous Decision
Date : Sunday March 17,
Venue: Madison Square Garden Theater, New York.
Time : 03:00 PM ET
Micheal Colan dominated Ruben Garcia Hernandez to a 10 round unanimous decision win on St. Patrick’s Day at the Madison Square Garden’s Hulu Theatre, televised by ESPN Sunday evening.
Colan controlled the fight from close range, switching stances and making it difficult for the veteran gatekeeper to connect. He drilled Gracia, who took him to the scorecards for the first time on the holiday.
At the Six and onward, Gracia’s corner had concerns over his body, as he kept on receiving a dedicated body attack than at any point to the contest. At the end, the fight was scored 100-90 across the board in favor of Conlan, who never lost a round.
Fight Card (Results)
- Michael Conlan Defeated Ruben Garcia Hernandez Via Unanimous Decision
- Jesse Magdaleno Vs Christopher Diaz
- Luis Collazo vs. Samuel Vargas, 10 rounds, welterweights
- Paddy Barnes vs. Oscar Mojica, 6 rounds, bantamweights
- Josue Vargas vs. Adriano Ramirez, 8 rounds, junior welterweights
- Joseph Adorno vs. Victor Rosas, 6 rounds, lightweights
- John Bauza vs. Ricardo Maldonado, 6 rounds, junior welterweights
- Vladimir Nikitin vs. Juan Tapia, 6 rounds, featherweights
- Lee Reeves vs. Edward Torres, 4 rounds, welterweights
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Fighting for the third time at the Madison Square Garden Hulu theater is Michael “Mick” Conlan (10-0, 6 KOs), who made his Professional debut in the same venue back in 2017. He owns a very decorated amateur career winning gold medals at the European Championships, World Championships, and Commonwealth Games.
Conlan in his last outing defeated Jason Cunningham on December 22nd to claim the vacant WBO Intercontinental belt with a unanimous decision in Manchester, England. He has been dominant since turning Pro, fighting five times each in 2017 and 2018 and will be back against Ruben Garcia Hernandez in the 10-round main event.
In the Co – feature Former junior featherweight world champion Jessie Magdaleno (25-1, 18 KOs) will be moving up four pounds to face former junior lightweight world title challenger Christopher “Pitufo” Diaz (24-1, 16 KOs) in a 10-round featherweight clash.
Former World Champion Jessie Magdaleno is coming into this fight on the back of an eleventh round round knockout loss to former world champion Isaac Dogboe, he lost his title after knocking down Dogboe in the first round but Dogboe rallied to knock him out in the eleventh.