Manchester United 2 – 1 Watford Football Highlights
Venue : Old Trafford
Key Moments Recap :Goal : 28′ Marcus Rashford 1 – 0
United nick the ball outside their own box and Shaw collects, carries forward and then threads a lovely pass through the Watford defence for Rashford. He’s through on goal and only has to beat Foster, which he does with a clipped finish from the edge of the box.
Goal : Anthony Martial 2 – 0
Lingard gets the ball in the box and plays into the middle for Martial, who is right on the line of onside/offside. Foster dives at Martial’s feet to block his flick towards goal but the loose ball falls for Martial to finish from a couple of yards out.
Goal : 90′ 2 – 1 Abdoulaye Doucoure
Doucoure brings down a high ball by playing into the feet of Success. He plays it back through the legs of Deeney to Doucoure, who takes a touch to get in on goal and then finishes past De Gea.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (2 – 1) And Cards
🌕17′ Will Hughes
⚽28′ Marcus Rashford 1 – 0
⚽72′ Anthony Martial 2 – 0
🌕82′ Adam Masina
⚽90′ 2 – 1 Abdoulaye Doucoure
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Manchester United : De Gea (6), Young (6), Smalling (7), Jones (7), Shaw (8), Herrera (5), Matic (5), Pogba (5), Mata (5), Martial (7), Rashford (7)
Subs: Lingard (6), Pereira (5), Rojo (5)
Watford : Foster (5), Janmaat (5), Britos (6), Kabasele (6), Masina (5), Capoue (6), Hughes (6), Doucoure (7), Pereyra (6), Deulofeu (7), Deeney (7)
Subs: Femenia (5), Success (5), Gray (5)
Man Of The Match :
- Manchester United have won 11 of their 12 Premier League matches against Watford, losing the other in September 2016.
- Watford are winless in all 12 away league visits to Manchester United (W0 D2 L10). In top-flight history, the only team to play more away matches against Manchester United without winning than Watford (12) are Luton Town (15 matches between 1955 and 1991).
- Watford have lost each of their last 14 Premier League away games against ‘big-six’ sides, since a 2-1 win against Arsenal in January 2017.
- This is the first time since the 1995-96 season (Scholes, Cole, Giggs, Cantona) that Man Utd have had four players score 10+ goals in a single Premier League campaign (Martial, Rashford, Lukaku, Pogba).
- Since his debut for Manchester United in February 2016, Marcus Rashford has scored 45 goals for the club in all competitions, more than any other player.
- Man Utd’s Anthony Martial has been directly involved in four goals in his last three Premier League starts versus Watford (three goals, one assist).
- Man Utd goalkeeper David de Gea made seven saves in this match – only versus Spurs in August 2011 (9) and versus Liverpool in December 2014 (8) has he made more in a Premier League game at Old Trafford.
- Man Utd’s Luke Shaw has provided three assists in the Premier League this season, one more than he registered in his previous four campaigns in the competition for the Red Devils combined (2).
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be overseeing his first home game as full time manager at Old Trafford on Saturday, when they host Watford and will hope United get back to winning ways after losing two consecutive games.
Watford has had some good form recently, winning four of their last six games and this has brought them into the first half of the standings, with an outstanding game to spare.
Manchester United are returning to Old Trafford for the first time since their 3 – 2 victory over Southampton and will want to atone for their league losslagainst Arsenal and getting knocked out of the FA Cup by Wolves.
The Hornets have failed to grind out a win against United at Old Trafford in eleven meetings and have conceded eight times in their last two games against Liverpool FC and Manchester City.
Manchester United my seem favorites here but have had fewer home clean sheets than than every other team except Fulham in the Premier League.