Manchester City 7 – 0 Schalke 04 Football Highlights
(UEFA Champions League-Round Of 16)
(Agg 10 – 2)
Venue : Etihad Stadium
Key Moments Recap :Goal : Sergio Aguero (pen.) 1 – 0
Not much else to say, really. Ultimate cheek from Aguero. He sits Fahrmann down and dinks it down the middle.
Goal : 38′ Sergio Aguero 2 – 0
It’s Gundogan again making it, finding Sterling behind the left-back with a fine ball. Sterling squares for Aguero at a tight angle, he has three Schalke defenders around him, but still manages to squeeze a shot between the legs of Fahrmann and into the net.
Goals : 42′ Leroy Sane 3 – 0
Zinchenko with a superb ball behind the right-back Bruma for Sane, who is in acres of space and through on goal at a bit of an angle.No problem for Sane, however, as he strokes the ball under Fahrmann and into the net for 3-0! Not much of a celebration from the former Schalke
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (7 – 0) And Cards
🌕33′ Jeffrey Bruma
⚽35′ Sergio Aguero (pen.) 1 – 0
⚽38′ Sergio Aguero 2 – 0
⚽42′ Leroy Sane 3 – 0
⚽56′ Raheem Sterling 4 – 0
🌕69′ Oleksandr Zinchenko
⚽71′ Bernardo Silva 5 – 0
⚽78′ Phil Foden 6 – 0
⚽84′ Gabriel Jesus 7 – 0
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Manchester City : Ederson (7), Walker (7), Danilo (7), Laporte (7), Zinchenko (8), Gundogan (8), Silva (7), Sterling (8), Sane (9), Bernardo (8), Aguero (8).
Subs: Delph (6), Jesus (7), Foden (7).
Schalke 04 : Fahrmann (3), Bruma (3), Stambouli (4), Sane (4), Oczipka (4), Serdar (4), McKennie (4), Konoplyanka (4), Bentaleb (4), Burgstaller (4), Embolo (5).
Subs: Skrzybski (4), Mendyl (4), Teuchert (4).
Man Of The Match : Leroy Sane
- Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has qualified for the Champions League quarter-finals in nine of his 10 campaigns, with 2016-17 the only season he failed to do so.
- Manchester City won 10-2 on aggregate against Schalke – only once previously has a team won by a larger margin in the Champions League knockout stages (Bayern Munich 12-1 Sporting CP in the 2008-09 Last 16).
- Manchester City have scored at least two goals in each of their last seven Champions League games; the longest such streak by an English team in the competition.
- Sergio Aguero has scored in four consecutive Champions League appearances for Manchester City; the joint-longest run of any player for the club (along with Raheem Sterling in November 2017).
- Manchester City winger Leroy Sane scored his 50th goal in all competitions at senior club level (37 for his current club and 13 for Schalke).
Raheem Sterling has been directly involved in nine goals in his last four starts for Manchester City at the Etihad in all competitions (six goals and three assists).
Manchester City head into the UEFA Champions League Round of 16 Second leg with an away 3 – 2 advantage and stand favorites to qualify for the Quater finals but will have to contain a very dangerous Schalke 04, one more time.
Manchester City dug deep to overturn an early lead by the Germans in the first leg and has them needing two goals without reply to qualify for the quater Finals.
Both teams have contrasting forms, Manchester City leading the Premier League table with six wins in their last six on all competitions. Schalke 04 on the other hand, have lost five of their last six games in all competitions, which includes their Champions League defeat to Manchester City and their 4 – 2 loss to Werder Bremen on Friday. They are presently 14th on the Bundesliga table with just four points from the relegation zone.
Nicolas Otamendi and Fernandinho will miss the second leg due to suspension, while Fernandinho (groin), John Stones (groin), Kevin De Bruyne (hamstring) and goalkeeper Claudio Bravo (Achilles) makes up the City absentee list, while Aymeric Laporte might probably return after overcoming a Hamstring.
Alessandro Schopf out for the season for Schalke, while Daniel Caliguiri (ankle) and Omar Mascarel (groin) are still nursing their injuries.