Liverpool FC 4 – 2 Burnley FC Football Highlights
Venue : Anfield Stadium
Key Moments Recap :
Goal : 0 – 1 Ashley Westwood
A Burnley corner is curled in from the left and there are two players around Alisson and seemingly blocking him from getting near the ball.
With Alisson unable to jump, the ball sails over him and hits the back post and goes into the net.
Goal : 19′ Roberto Firmino 1 – 1
Salah and Firmino play a neat one-two in the box and Salah then gets to the byline and plays across the six-yard box.
It should be cleared by Tarkowski and Heaton, but they make a mess of it and both miss the ball, giving Firmino an easy tap-in.
Goals :29′ Sadio Mane 2 – 1
Lallana does really well to throw himself at a clearance, blocking it and rebounding the ball into the box. Taylor makes a good tackle to dispossess Salah but the ball falls for Mane and he produces a fine first-time curling finish into the far corner.
Goal : 67′ Roberto Firmino 3 – 1
Heaton’s clearance goes straight to Salah, who races clear and looks to finish on his own, rather than pass across goal for Mane.
Taylor makes a brilliant sliding challenge to dispossess Salah, but the ball falls into the middle for Firmino to finish into the empty net.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (4 – 2) And Cards
⚽6′ 0 – 1 Ashley Westwood
⚽19′ Roberto Firmino 1 – 1
⚽29′ Sadio Mane 2 – 1
⚽67′ Roberto Firmino 3 – 1
⚽90′ 3 – 2 Johann Gudmundss…
⚽90′ Sadio Mane 4 – 2
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Liverpool FC : Alisson (6), Alexander-Arnold (6), Van Dijk (7), Matip (6), Robertson (7), Fabinho (7), Wijnaldum (7), Lallana (7), Mane (8), Salah (6), Firmino (8)
Subs: Henderson (5), Keita (5), Sturridge (5)
Burnley FC : Heaton (5), Taylor (6), Mee (5), Tarkowski (5), Bardsley (6), Westwood (7), Cork (6), McNeil (7), Hendrick (5), Barnes (5), Wood (5)
Subs: Crouch (5), Gudmundsson (6), Vydra (5)
Man Of The Match : Sadio Mane
- Liverpool’s tally of 73 points from their opening 30 league games this season is their joint-best ever total at this stage of a league campaign (adjusting to three points for a win), level with the 1904-05 second tier season and 1987-88 in the top-flight.
- Liverpool are the first side to win four consecutive home Premier League games in which they conceded the first goal since Chelsea won six in a row between April 2013 and May 2015.
- Burnley have dropped more points from winning positions in their 30 Premier League games this season (10) than they did in the whole of 2017-18 (nine).
- Liverpool have now gone 36 Premier League games without a loss at Anfield (W26 D10), the joint-third longest unbeaten home run in the competition’s history, behind only Chelsea (86 games between March 2004-October 2008) and Manchester City (37 between December 2010-December 2012).
- Liverpool have conceded nine goals in their 10 Premier League games in 2019, one more than they had in their 20 league games this season before the turn of the year.
- Roberto Firmino has now scored 10+ goals in all four of his Premier League seasons with Liverpool, the best 100 per cent record of reaching double figures of any player for the club in the competition.
- Roberto Firmino has been directly involved in 100 goals in 175 appearances in all competitions for Liverpool under Jurgen Klopp (63 goals, 37 assists), more than any other player in that time.
- Ashley Westwood has scored his first Premier League goal for Burnley, and his first overall since April 2016 when he scored twice for Aston Villa against Southampton, 1051 days ago.