Leicester City 3 – 1 Fulham Football Highlights
(English Premier League)
Venue : King Power Stadium
Key Moments Recap :
Goals : 21′ Youri Tielemans 1 – 0
Calum Chambers is robbed by Wilfred Ndidi as Leicester’s high press is on show once more.
The ball is played first time through to Vardy, and he unselfishly sets up Youri Tielemans for his first goal since joining Leicester.
Goal : 1 – 1 Floyd Ayite
It’s just a long hopeful ball that hangs over the head of Ben Chilwell and Floyd Ayite collects it.
He’s still got plenty to do as he cuts inside Harry Maguire and gets his shot away. A deflection off the England centre-back takes the ball past Kasper Schmeichel! He’s only been on the field for six minutes.
Goal : 78′ Jamie Vardy 2 – 1
Jamie Vardy has his 100th goal for Leicester, who are back in control of this game! It’s a slack pass out from the back once more from Havard Nordtveit and James Maddison is onto it.
The ball through for Vardy is inch-perfect, and from the angle, he finds the bottom corner!
Goal : Jamie Vardy 3 – 1
That wraps up the three points for Leicester! Harvey Barnes is the architect as he dispossesses Odoi, produces a lovely piece of skill and finds Vardy free in the centre for a clinical first-time finish into the bottom corner.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (3 – 1) And Cards
⚽21′ Youri Tielemans 1 – 0
⚽51′ 1 – 1 Floyd Ayite
🌕55′ Ryan Babel
🌕60′ Joe Bryan
⚽78′ Jamie Vardy 2 – 1
⚽86′ Jamie Vardy 3 – 1
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Leicester City : Schmiechel (6), Chilwell (6), Evans (6), Maguire (6), Ricardo (7), Tielemans (7), Ndidi (7), Barnes (8), Maddison (8), Gray (6), Vardy (8).
Subs: Okazaki (6), Mendy (n/a), Ghezzal (6).
Fulham : Rico (7), Bryan (7), Ream (6), Nordtveit (6), Odoi (6), Chambers (6), McDonald (6), Cairney (6), Sessegnon (5), Babel (5), Mitrovic (6).
Subs: Ayite (7), Vietto (n/a), Seri (5).
Man Of The Match : Harvey Barnes
- Leicester have won none of their five Premier League games against Fulham (D3 L2), scoring just one goal in those matches.
- Fulham have only faced Norwich (8) more often without defeat in the Premier League than they have Leicester (5).
- Leicester have won just one of their last eight Premier League games (D1 L6). Indeed, only Fulham (3) have picked up fewer points from their last eight Premier League matches than Leicester (4).
- Fulham have lost eight of their last nine Premier League matches (W1), shipping at least twice in each game. Only twice has a team conceded 2+ goals in 10 consecutive Premier League games – West Brom in 2010-11 and Wimbledon in 1999-00.
- Leicester are looking to win consecutive home league games within the same season for the first time since January 2018.
- Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers has won all six of his Premier League meetings with Fulham. Only Jose Mourinho vs Portsmouth and Roberto Mancini vs Wigan (both 7/7) have better 100% win rates against an opponent in the competition.
- Against Watford, Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers kept up his record of failing to win his opening league game at any of the clubs he’s managed in English football. In fact, at his previous four clubs, Swansea are the only side at which he managed to win his second league match in charge.
- Jamie Vardy is currently on 99 goals for Leicester in all competitions. He could become the seventh player to reach 100 for the Foxes, and the first since Gary Lineker.