England 5 – 0 Czech Republic Football Highlights
(Euro Qualifications )
Venue : Wembley Stadium
Key Moments Recap :
Goal : Raheem Sterling 1 – 0
Sancho is at the heart of it.
He’s just onside to receive Kane’s brilliant ball inside left-back Novak, and with space to run into now he gets into the box before squaring for Sterling, who has to stretch to squeeze it in on the slide at the far post.
Goal : Harry Kane (pen.) 2 – 0
Pavalenka goes the right way and gets a hand to Kane’s penalty, which is at a decent enough height to his right, but the sheer power on the strike is enough to beat the goalkeeper and he can only deflect it into the top corner.
Goal : 62′ Raheem Sterling 3 – 0
there’s nothing lucky about Sterling’s finish for his second of the night. Walker tries to slide the ball through for his Man City team-mate, but Novak cut sit out and tries to clear. He only smacks the ball into Kalas’ body though, and it rebounds straight to Sterling inside the box. He shows excellent awareness to turn the ball onto his left with Pavlenka trying to close him down, and he curls the ball past the stranded goalkeeper into the far corner.
Goal : 69′ Raheem Sterling 4 – 0
Raheem Sterling could not care less as he nets a hat-trick, what a wonderful story for the Man City man who was England’s boo-boy less than a year ago. Barkley begins the move in midfield, running forward unopposed, and works it left to Sterling who has peeled off wide. He cuts into the middle and shoots from 25 yards with an effort which deflects off Celustka and beats the goalkeeper.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (5-0) And Cards
⚽24′ Raheem Sterling 1 – 0
⚽45′ Harry Kane (pen.) 2 – 0
🌕53′ Patrik Schick
⚽62′ Raheem Sterling 3 – 0
⚽69′ Raheem Sterling 4 – 0
⚽84′ Tomas Kalas (o.g.) 5 – 0
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
England : Pickford (7), Walker (7), Keane (7), Maguire (7), Chilwell (7), Henderson (7), Dier (6), Sancho (9), Alli (7), Sterling (9), Kane (8).
Subs: Rice (6), Barkley (7), Hudson-Odoi (7).
Cech Republic : Pavlenka (5), Kaderabek (5), Celustka (5), Kalas (4), Novak (4), Soucek (6), Pavelka (5), Gebre Selassie (5), Darida (5), Janko (5), Schick (5).
Subs: Masopust (5), Vydra (5), Skoda (n/a).
Man Of The Match :
- England are unbeaten in their last 40 qualifying matches (Euros and World Cup), winning 31 and drawing nine since a 0-1 defeat to Ukraine in October 2009.
- This was England’s biggest win at Wembley since a 5-0 triumph over San Marino in October 2014.
- Raheem Sterling became the first England player to score a hat-trick at Wembley since Jermain Defoe in September 2010, scoring with all three of his shots in the match.
- Callum Hudson-Odoi is the youngest player to make his debut for the England national team in a competitive match, aged 18 years and 135 days.
- Harry Kane has scored 16 goals for England under manager Gareth Southgate – 11 more than any other player.
- Raheem Sterling has scored with five of his last seven shots for England – he had scored with just two of his first 62 efforts at goal for the Three Lions.
- This was the first time in 138 years that England featured two players aged 18 or younger in an international match (Sancho and Hudson-Odoi) – the last occasion was in February 1881 against Wales (Thurston Rostron and Jimmy Brown).