Fulham 1 – 2 Chelsea FC Football Highlights
(English Premier League)
Key Moments Recap :
Goal : 20′ 0 – 1 Gonzalo Higuain
Willian and Azpilicueta combine down the right, with the full-back overlapping and then putting in a low cross for Higuain, who gets ahead of his marker and finishes nicely with a low shot past Rico.
Goal : 28′ Calum Chambers 1 – 1
Fulham play a corner short and Babel crosses to the back post where Chambers is wide open and volleys home from 10 yards out. Composed finish from Chambers, but that’s poor defensively from Chelsea.
Goals : 1 – 2 Jorginho
Hazard cuts in from the left and plays across the edge of the box for Jorginho, who goes for placement rather than power and tucks it very neatly into the top corner.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (1-2) And Cards
⚽20′ 0 – 1 Gonzalo Higuain
🌕22′ Calum Chambers
⚽28′ Calum Chambers 1 – 1
⚽31′ 1 – 2 Jorginho
🌕51′ Kevin McDonald
Watch The Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Fulham FC : Rico, Bryan, Chambers, Ream, Odoi, McDonald, Cairney, Nordtveit, Sessegnon, Mitrovic, Babel
Subs: Fabri, Ayite, Vietto, Le Marchand, Christie, Seri, Anguissa
Chelsea FC : Kepa, Emerson, Rudiger, Christensen, Azpilicueta, Jorginho, Kante, Barkley, Willian, Hazard, Higuain
Subs: Caballero, Pedro, Loftus-Cheek, Kovacic, Giroud, Hudson-Odoi, Luiz
Man Of The Match :
- Chelsea are unbeaten in 18 Premier League games against Fulham (W11 D7) – only against Spurs (28 games between 1992 and 2006) have they had a longer unbeaten run versus an opponent in the competition.
- Fulham have become the first side to lose 10 London derbies in the top-flight in a single season.
- Chelsea scored their first away league goal in 2019 – they were the 91st of the 92 English league clubs to do so, leaving only Huddersfield Town without one.
- Eden Hazard became the third Chelsea player to both score and assist 50 Premier League goals (81 goals, 50 assists) after Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba.
- Fulham’s Calum Chambers’ last four Premier League goals have been scored under four different managers (Arsène Wenger, Steve Agnew, Claudio Ranieri and Scott Parker).
- Eden Hazard has been involved in at least one goal in all four of his Premier League appearances against newly-promoted sides for Chelsea this season (3 goals, 3 assists).
- Fulham midfielder Kevin McDonald has ended on the winning side in just three of his 38 Premier League games (7.9%); among players to have played as many as 38 Premier League matches, only Rudy Gestede (3.9%, two wins in 51) has a lower win percentage.
- Fulham have lost more matches than any other side in the top five European leagues in all competitions during 2019 (9).
Fulham had to part ways with Claudio Ranieri after their 2 – 0 loss on Wednesday but the survival issues still remain remains and might even grow worst if they lose at home to Chelsea on Sunday, February 3rd.
The team is left under caretaker manager and former midfielder Scott Parker, who is now tasked with pulling the team out of the relegation zone, 2nd from the Bottom.
Maurizio Sarri’s Chelsea sit sixth, three points behind Arsenal FC in fourth place and stand chances of making the top four due to an outstanding game. Having defeated Tottenham Hotspur 2 – 0 in the midweek, the Blues will look to build on the victory and with confidence look clear favorites to bag the points against Fulham.
Goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli and Defender Alfie Mawson are the only players sidelined due to injuries on Fulham list. Andre Schurrle is also out of contention, as he recovers from a virus.
Chelsea on the other hand have their full squad available for the clash which leaves Maurizio Sarri with enough options for his squad rotation.