FC Barcelona 5 – 1 Lyon Football Highlights
(UEFA Champions League – 2nd Leg)
Round Of 16 – Agg 5 – 1
Venue : Camp Nou
Key Moments Recap :Goal : 18′ Lionel Messi (pen.) 1 – 0
A panenka down the middle from Messi. Cool as you like. Barcelona have their lead in this tie
Goal : 31′ Philippe Coutinho 2 – 0
Arthur carves an incisive pass through to Suarez. He skips by Marcal before squaring for Coutinho to casually tap into the empty net. This look like it’ll be a comfortable evening for Barcelona.
Goal : 58′ 2 – 1 Lucas Tousart
The corner is worked to Depay who crosses in.. and the loose ball finds Tousart who hits it in on the volley! Game on!
But hang on, VAR is coming into play now… was Tousart or Marcelo offside? The answer is no. The goal is given.
Goal : 78′ Lionel Messi 3 – 1
Messi drives at the defence and shows incredible balance to lose Marcelo and Denayer with a neat peg back onto his right boot. Gorgelin gets a weak hand on it but he can’t stop it from trickling into the bottom corner
Goal : 81′ Gerard Pique 4 – 1
With Lyon completely open at the back, Messi charges forward and squares for the unmarked Pique at the far post to slide in and tap home.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (5 – 1) And Cards
⚽18′ Lionel Messi (pen.) 1 – 0
⚽31′ Philippe Coutinho 2 – 0
🌕33′ Fernando Marcal
🌕45′ Moussa Dembele
🌕49′ Clement Lenglet
⚽58′ 2 – 1 Lucas Tousart
⚽78′ Lionel Messi 3 – 1
⚽81′ Gerard Pique 4 – 1
⚽86′ Ousmane Dembele 5 – 1
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
FC Barcelona : Ter Stegen (7) ,Roberto (6), Pique (7), Lenglet (7), Alba (6), Arthur (8), Busquets (7), Rakitic (7), Coutinho (8), Messi (9), Suarez (8)
Subs: O Dembele (7), Vidal (6), Semedo (N/A)
Lyon : Lopes (7), Dubois (5), Denayer (3), Marcelo (4), Marcal (4), Mendy (4), Tousart (6), Fekir (6), Ndombele (6), Depay (6), M Dembele (6)
Subs: Traore (5), Cornet (5)
Man Of The Match :
- Barcelona have reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League for the 12th successive season, last failing to do so in the 2006-07 campaign.
- Barcelona are unbeaten in their last 30 Champions League home games (W27 D3 L0), the longest ever such run in the competition.
- Lyon’s goal was their 200th scored in European Cup/Champions League history, making them the first French side to reach that milestone in the competition.
- Barcelona have won all four of their Champions League home games against Lyon, by an aggregate score of 15-3.
- Lionel Messi has scored 62 goals in his 61 Champions League games at Camp Nou for Barcelona.
- Barcelona’s Philippe Coutinho has scored seven goals in his last 12 Champions League games for Barca and Liverpool combined, having failed to score in any of his first 15 appearances in the competition.
- Barcelona’s Lionel Messi scored two and assisted two goals in a Champions League game for the very first time.
- Barcelona’s Ousmane Dembele has scored in each of his last four Champions League games at Camp Nou.
FC Barcelona struggled and couldn’t find the net in their UEFA Champions League Round Of 16 first leg goalless draw at the Stade des Lumieres but will now have the home advantage when Lyon visit the Camp Nou on Wednesday 13th March.
FC Barcelona recovered from the goaless draw at the Stade De Lumieres with three big away wins against top Spanish sides (4 – 2 Sevilla, 3 – 0, 1 – 0 Real Madrid ) and the past weekend defeated Rayo Vallecano 4 – 1. They have all together scored twelve gools and conceded three in four games.
The French side Lyon, have had a pretty average form and will be riding into the game on the back of a 2 – 2 draw with Strasbourg. They have failed to win any of the away games in their last six outings, which is however contrasting to their home games, which has ended wins except for the goaless draw against FC Barcelona.
FC Barcelona will need only a win at this point to qualify for the next stage (Quarter Finals) while a draw and a win will see Lyon through howbeit, a goaless draw will see both side go into extratime and if there are no differences, will settle it with a Penalty shoot out.