Bellator 219 Results : Brandon Gritz Def. Saad Awad Via UD
Main card (Paramount at 9 p.m. ET)
- Brandon Girtz def. Saad Awad by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27).
Brandon Gritz out walked Saad Awad to earn a decision in the Bellator 219 lightweight, scheduled three round main event.
Girtz immediately dropped Awad with punches early in the fight and opened a cut on his right eye after taking top position. After getting back on his feet,, the veteran got back into the fight by also opening a cut on Gritz face backing off Gritz with his punches.
The second round stated with some good slugging, as Awad landed many clean shots early in the round, while Gritz was countering with heavy hooks. Awad landed some knees but got taken down again by Gritz , who landed some clean strikes before the second round expired.
The third round started out with a brawl and a that continued till Gritz took Awad down, unleashed a barrage of ground strikes before Awad could make it back to his feet. While stabding both men, stood their ground landing some clean strikes, both fighters exchanged blows till the final bell.
Enter your email address:
Other Main Card Results
- Daniel Straus def. Shane Kruchten by submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:53 of round one.
- Andrey Koreshkov def. Mike Jasper by unanimous decision (30-27 x3).
- Joe Schilling def. Keith Berry by unanimous decision (30-26 x3).
Undercard (MMA FIghting at 8 p.m. ET)
- Joey Davis def. Marcus Anthony by KO at 4:21 of round one.
- Dalton Rosta def. Cody Vidal by TKO at 1:06 of round one.