FC Bayern Munich 1 – 3 Liverpool FC Football Highlights
(UEFA Cha1qmpions League – 2nd Leg)
Round Of 16 – Agg 1 – 1
Venue : Allianz Arena
Key Moments Recap :Goal : 26′ 0 – 1 Sadio Mane
A perfectly-aimed long ball into the channel from Van Dijk is taken down like a bag of sand by Mane, by which time Neuer is already off his line and in no man’s land.d
The goalkeeper decides to try to close him down but a wonderful Cruyff turn takes him out of the game, and Mane, who still has men between him and the goal from the left-corner of the box, curls it into the far corner with an exquisite finish
Goal : 39′ Joel Matip (o.g.) 1 – 1
Robertson is nowhere when Gnabry drifts into the box from the right and the German pulls the ball across the six-yard box, where Matip sticks out a leg to stop Lewandowski having a tap-in, but fires the ball past Alisson
Goal : 69′ 1 – 2 Virgil van Dijk
Milner’s delivery is directed to pretty much the same spot as Alexander-Arnold’s, but it’s an out-swinger and Neuer is going nowhere near it.
Instead Hummels and Martinez both challenge Van Dijk at the back post, but the Dutchman rises highest with a powerful header which cannons into the bottom corner.
Goal : 84′ 1 – 3 Sadio Mane
Origi isn’t tracked when he picks up the ball 25 yards out, he looks over to Salah on the right and he curls an inswiging cross to Mane at the back post who just has to guide it into the bottom corner. What a night for Liverpool.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (1 – 3) And Cards
⚽26′ 0 – 1 Sadio Mane
⚽39′ Joel Matip (o.g.) 1 – 1
🌕65′ Thiago Alcantara
⚽69′ 1 – 2 Virgil van Dijk
🌕83′ Renato Sanches
⚽84′ 1 – 3 Sadio Mane
🌕90′ Andrew Robertson
Video HD Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Bayern Munich : Neuer (5), Rafinha (5), Sule (5), Hummels (5), Alaba (6), Thiago (5), Martinez (6), Ribery (5), Rodriguez (5), Gnabry (6), Lewandowski (5)
Subs: Coman (5), Goretzka (5), Sanches (5)
Liverpool FC : Alisson (6), Alexander-Arnold (7), Matip (7), Van Dijk (8), Robertson (7), Milner (7), Wijnaldum (7), Henderson (5), Mane (8), Firmino (6), Salah (6)
Subs: Fabinho (7), Lallana (5), Origi (5)
Man Of The Match :
- Liverpool’s progression means four English sides will play in the quarter-finals of the Champions League in 2018-19, the first time the competition has seen as many since 2008-09 (Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United).
- Bayern Munich have failed to qualify for the quarter-finals of the Champions League for the first time since the 2010-11 campaign, when they also fell out at this stage to Italian side Inter Milan.
- Since the start of last season, no player has provided more Champions League assists than Liverpool’s James Milner (10).
- Sadio Mane’s brace means he has now scored seven away goals in the Champions League for Liverpool, more than any other player for the club in the history of the competition (including European Cup).
- Liverpool forward Sadio Mane has scored 69% of his Champions League goals in the knockout stages of the competition (9/13); of players with at least 10 goals, only Ivica Olic (7/10 – 70%) has a higher such percentage in Champions League history.
- Joel Matip is only the fourth Liverpool player to score an own goal in the Champions League after Sami Hyypia (2007), John Arne Riise (2008) and James Milner (2018).
- Bayern Munich’s Manuel Neuer became just the sixth goalkeeper to play in 100 Champions League matches after Iker Casillas, Gianlugi Buffon, Petr Cech, Victor Valdes and Olivier Kahn.
Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool FC failed to find the net when his former foe Bayern Munich visited the Anfield stadium three weeks ago and will now face a big task of defeating the German Champions in their own Turf.
The German Champions Bayern Munich have been unbeaten in their last six games with their only blemish, the goalless draw from their visit to Anfield. The dominated the second half of that visit but failed to find the target, after Liverpool shrunk back following their first half performance.
Liverpool have had a shaky form, despite being unbeaten like their Wednesday hosts. Have only been able to win just three out of their last six games, with other goalless draws to Everton, Manchester United and their host Bayern München.
The goalless draw in the first leg, makes every other kind of draw favour Liverpool. this means Bayern München will need any kind of win to progress to the Quarter Finals and another goalless draw will lead to extra time and Penalties.