Manchester City 1 – 0 West Ham United Football Highlights
Venue : Etihad Stadium
Key Moments Recap :
Goal : 59′ Sergio Aguero (pen.) 1 – 0
Cometh the hour, cometh the man. It’s Sergio Aguero, and he steps up and finds the bottom corner – that same corner that saw Kepa dive over the ball – but Fabianski dives the other way. Relief all over the face of Guardiola, who couldn’t watch. City finally ahead.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (1-0) And Cards
🌕41′ Ryan Fredericks
⚽59′ Sergio Aguero (pen.) 1 – 0
🌕87′ Michail Antonio
Watch The Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Manchester City FC : Ederson (7), Danilo (7), Kompany (6), Otamendi (6), Zinchenko (6), Gundogan (7), De Bruyne (7), D. Silva (6), Mahrez (5), Sane (5), Aguero (7).
Subs: Sterling (6), Bernardo (7), Foden (6)
West Ham United : Fabianski (7), Johnson (7), Fredericks (8), Ogbonna (7), Diop (7), Rice (7), Obiang (6), Antonio (7), Nasri (5), Anderson (6), Carroll (7).
Subs: Zabaleta (6), Lanzini (6), Diangana (n/a)
Man Of The Match : Ryan Fredericks
- Manchester City have won each of their last seven games against West Ham in all competitions, netting 23 goals while conceding just three.
- West Ham are now winless in their last 18 Premier League away games against ‘big six’ opposition (D6 L12).
- Manchester City have won 16 of their last 17 home games in all competitions, only losing to Crystal Palace in a league game in December (2-3).
- Manchester City striker Sergio Agüero has been directly involved in 74 goals (59 goals and 15 assists) in 80 Premier League appearances since Pep Guardiola took over in August 2016 – only Harry Kane has been directly involved in more in that time (87).
- Manchester City’s Oleksandr Zinchenko has been on the winning side in each of his first 13 Premier League appearances (11 starts), the longest run of wins from the start of a player’s career in the competition’s history.
- Manuel Pellegrini is winless in his last five away league games as manager, his longest run without a win on the road in a single Premier League season since December 2015 when he was Manchester City manager.
- Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has more top-flight league wins against Manuel Pellegrini (9) than he does any other opposition manager.
- Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has won all seven of his meetings with West Ham in all competitions. The only side he has met more often while maintaining a 100% win rate is Malaga, who he has beaten eight times, including four games while they were managed by Manuel Pellegrini.
Manuel Pellegrini will be returning to the Ethiad first the first time since 2016, when he was sacked two years after leading the Citizens to a Premier League trophy.
Manchester City on the other hand are still fresh with Celebrations after winninw their first major silverware of the 18/19 season and have won their last 13 out of 15 games, scoring 17 goals in their last five games.
Manchester City have the perfect opportunity to top Liverpool with two points, if they win this clash and their fellow contenders Liverpool lose or draw Watford FC in the same night.
West Ham United have had a pour away record against top six opponents, losing four and drawn one of their last five games in all competitions.
West Ham United will not have Jack Wilshere, Andriy Yarmolenko and Carlos Sanchez, who are still sidelined but Manuel Lanzini is set to be on the bench again.
Defender Winston Reid and Fabian Balbuena (knee) have both started training but the Liverpool visit seem to be too early.