Manchester City 6 – 0 Chelsea FC Football Highlights
(English Premier League)
Venue : Etihad Stadium
4″ 1 – 0 : Raheem Sterling
De Bruyne takes a sharp free-kick in behind Alonso, who leaves Silva for Hazard but the Chelsea man just watches rather than marks. Silva gets to the by-line and his deflected cross drops to Sterling about 12 yards out. No problem. He calmly finds the back of the net.
13″ 2 – 0 : Sergio Aguero
He can’t score from three yards but he sure score from 30! Obviously rattled by his earlier miss, he picks the ball up and thinks ‘I’m having this’ he smacks an unstoppable effort straight, bang, wallop into the top corner. That is sheer class.
19″ 3 – 0 : Sergio Aguero
The ball bounces around the area and he tries to head back to his goalkeeper. It’s an awful header and drops to straight to Aguero about eight yards out. He doesn’t miss from there, sweeping it home. That’s his 159th league goal – a club record! What a marksman.
25″ 4 – 0 :Ilkay Gundogan
Another ball bounces around the area, Luiz can only clear it out to Gundogan on the edge who returns it with serious interest. It zooms past Kepa’s outstretched glove and into the bottom corner.
56″ 5 – 0 : Sergio Aguero
He strolls up, waits for the goalkeeper to move and rolls it the other way. That’s his 11th Premier League hat-trick! He draws level with Alan Shearer in that department.
80′ Raheem Sterling 6 – 0
Lovely passing to get in behind the full-back and a tap-in for the attacker inside the six-yard box. Zinchenko did the hard yards down the left and his cross was prodded home by Sterling – his 12th league goal of the season.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (5-0) And Cards
⚽4′ Raheem Sterling 1 – 0
⚽13′ Sergio Aguero 2 – 0
⚽19′ Sergio Aguero 3 – 0
⚽25′ Ilkay Gundogan 4 – 0
⚽56′ Sergio Aguero (pen.) 5 – 0
🌕69′ Marcos Alonso
🌕77′ Ilkay Gundogan
⚽80′ Raheem Sterling 6 – 0
Watch The Highlights below
Manchester City : Ederson (7), Walker (7), Stones (7), Laporte (7), Zinchenko (8), De Bruyne (7), Fernandinho (8), Gundogan (8), B Silva (8), Sterling (9), Aguero (10)
Subs: Jesus (6), Mahrez (6), D Silva (7)
Chelsea FC : Kepa (5), Azpilicueta (4), Rudiger (4), Luiz (4), Alonso (4), Kante (4), Jorginho (4), Barkley (4), Pedro (4), Higuain (5), Hazard (4)
Subs: Kovacic (5), Loftus-Cheek (5), Emerson (5)
Man Of The Match : (Sergio Aguero – Man City)
Stats After The Game
- Aguero scored his 11th Premier League hat-trick, equalling the record set by Alan Shearer.
- Chelsea suffered their heaviest defeat in any competition since losing 0-7 to Nottingham Forest in a top-flight match in April 1991.
- Aguero has scored eight Premier League goals for Man City in 2019 – double that of any other player in the competition and more than 11 other Premier League clubs have managed, including Chelsea (seven).
- Aguero has scored a hat-trick in his last three Premier League games at the Etihad in the month of February for Man City – four v Leicester in 2018, three v Arsenal in 2019 and three v Chelsea.
- Chelsea conceded four goals in consecutive away top-flight matches for the first time since December 1990.
- Only Fulham (15) have conceded more Premier League goals during 2019 than Chelsea (13).
- City became the first top-flight team since Tottenham in December 1965 to score more than once in 15 consecutive home league matches.
- Sarri suffered his heaviest ever league defeat as a manager, with this the first time he’d seen one of his teams concede more than four goals in a match.
Other Football Highlights
Highlights : Chelsea 5 – 0 Huddersfield Town
Chelsea Line Up : Alonso, Luiz, Rudiger, Azpilicueta, Jorginho, Kante, Barkley, Pedro, Hazard, Higuain
Subs: Caballero, Loftus-Cheek, Kovacic, Giroud, Willian, Christensen, Emerson
Manchester City Line Up : Ederson, Walker, Stones, Laporte, Zinchenko, Gundogan, Fernandinho, Bernardo Silva, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero
Subs: Muric, Danilo, Sane, David Silva, Mahrez, Otamendi, Jesus
Defenders Benjamin Mendy and Vincent Kompany are still absentees for Manchester City and Goalkeeper Claudio Bravo (Achilles) is still out the long term
Man City have lost three of their last five Premier League matches against Chelsea (W2), scoring just four goals and never more than once in this run.
Chelsea have won on just two of their last nine visits to the Etihad in the Premier League (D1 L6), winning 1-0 in February 2014 and 3-1 in December 2016.
Man City boss Pep Guardiola has lost more league games against Chelsea than he has versus any other team in his managerial career (3).
Man City striker Sergio Aguero has scored five goals in his last five Premier League appearances versus Chelsea, including netting a hat-trick in April 2016.
Chelsea’s Eden Hazard has had a hand in five goals in his last five games against Man City in the Premier League (3 goals, 2 assists), with the Belgian assisting both of the Blues’ goals in the reverse fixture this term.
Sergio Aguero has scored 11 goals in 11 home Premier League games for Manchester City this season, including two hat-tricks. He’s the highest scoring home player in the competition so far this season.
50% of N’Golo Kante’s Premier League assists for Chelsea this season have been for Gonzalo Higuain (2/4), despite the pair playing just 148 minutes together.