Leicester City 0 – 1 Manchester United Football Highlights
(English Premier League)
Leicester City XI : Schmeichel, Pereira, Evans, Maguire, Chilwell, Mendy, Ndidi, Barnes, Maddison, Gray, Vardy.
Subs: Ward, Morgan, Fuchs, Choudhury, Ghezzal, Okazaki, Iheanacho.
Manchester United XI : De Gea, Young, Lindelof, Bailly, Shaw, Herrera, Matic, Pogba, Lingard, Rashford, Sanchez.
Subs: Romero, Dalot, Jones, Fred, Mata, Martial, Lukaku.
Key Moments Recap
9″ 1-0 : United’s main men under Solskjaer link up again for a brilliant goal, but Puel will be tearing his hair out.
Right-back Pereira’s clearance goes straight to Pogba in the middle of the pitch. He takes it down, and clips the ball over the top for Rashford.
The England striker’s touch is brilliant and he calmly slots the ball past Schmeichel and into the back of the net.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals(0 – 1) And Cards
⚽9′ 0 – 1 Marcus Rashford
🌕20′ Jesse Lingard
🌕32′ Jamie Vardy
🌕42′ Nemanja Matic
🌕45′ Nampalys Mendy
Watch The Highlights Below
Leicester City FC : Schmeichel (6), Pereira (6), Evans (6), Maguire (6), Chilwell (7), Mendy (5), Ndidi (6), Barnes (7), Maddison (7), Gray (5), Vardy (6).
Subs: Ghezzal (6), Okazaki (6), Iheanacho (n/a).
Manchester United FC : De Gea (6), Young (6), Lindelof (6), Bailly (7), Shaw (7), Herrera (6), Matic (7), Pogba (7), Lingard (6), Rashford (7), Sanchez (5).
Subs: Martial (7), Lukaku (6), Jones (n/a).
Man Of The Match : Harvey Barnes
Stats After The Game
- Manchester United have won five consecutive away games in all competitions for the first time since October 2012.
- Leicester City have lost more Premier League games against Man Utd (17) than they have against any other side.
- Since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first game in charge of Man Utd on December 22, Paul Pogba has had a hand in more Premier League goals than any other player (11 – 6 goals, 5 assists).
- Leicester have lost four of their last five games in all competitions (D1), as many as they’d lost in their previous 15 matches combined.
- Marcus Rashford has scored more goals in all competitions since his debut (42) than any other Manchester United player.
- Manchester United have won four more points than any other Premier League team since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first match in charge (W7 D1 L0 – 22 points).
- Only Ryan Giggs (21y 74d) has reached 100 Premier League appearances for Manchester United at a younger age than Marcus Rashford (21y 95d).
- Referee Mike Dean handed out eight yellow cards in this match (four to Leicester, four to Man Utd) – only one Premier League game (Arsenal vs Huddersfield in December) has seen more yellow cards awarded this season (9 yellow cards).
Previous Premier League Outing
Manchester United 2 – 2 Burnley PL Highlights
Stats Ahead Of The Game
- Leicester have won only one of their 12 home Premier League matches against Man Utd, coming from two goals down to win 5-3 in September 2014 (D4 L7).
- Manchester United have won 16 of their last 20 matches against Leicester City in all competitions (D3 L1).
- Leicester have won more points from losing positions than any other Premier League side this season (13).
- Manchester United are the only team to have received a yellow card in all 24 of their Premier League matches this season.
- Leicester have not lost three consecutive home Premier League games since December 2014.
- Manchester United are looking to win five consecutive away matches in all competitions for the first time since October 2012 under Sir Alex Ferguson.
- Since a 4-0 win over Swansea City in April 2016, Leicester have won just one of their 14 matches on Sunday in all competitions (D4 L9), a 2-0 win over Everton in Claude Puel’s first game in charge in October 2017.
- Man Utd’s Juan Mata has scored four goals and assisted two more in his last five Premier League appearances against Leicester, scoring in each of his last two games at the King Power (three goals).
- Since the start of the 2014-15 season, no player has scored more Premier League goals against Manchester United than Leicester striker Jamie Vardy (4, level with Gylfi Sigurdsson and Sergio Aguero).
- Paul Pogba has been involved in 53 per cent of the 19 goals scored by Manchester United in the Premier League under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (6 goals, 4 assists).