Newcastle United 2 – 0 Burnley Football Highlights
Key Moments Recap :Goal : 24′ Fabian Schar 1 – 0
He takes aim from about 25 yards out on the right side and unleashes a superb strike that hits the inside of the post and flies into the net.
Goal : 38′ Sean Longstaff 2 – 0
Almiron sets the move up with a brilliant ball threaded out to Ritchie, who curls in a cross that Rondon challenges for in the middle.
The ball drops down into the box and Longstaff takes a touch and then drills a low shot across goal and into the bottom corner.
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (2-0) And Cards
🌕22′ Sean Longstaff
⚽24′ Fabian Schar 1 – 0
⚽38′ Sean Longstaff 2 – 0
🌕39′ Ben Mee
🌕60′ Jeff Hendrick
🌕88′ Peter Crouch
Watch The Highlights below
Player Ratings (Starting Lineup)
Newcastle United : Dubravka (8), Schar (8), Lascelles (7), Lejeune (7), Manquillo (7), Hayden (7), Longstaff (8), Ritchie (7), Almiron (7), Perez (7), Rondon (7)
Subs: Dummett (5), Diame (5), Joselu (5)
Burnley FC : Heaton (5), Taylor (5), Tarkowski (5), Mee (5), Bardsley (5), Cork (5), Hendrick (5), Gudmundsson (5), McNeil (4), Wood (5), Barnes (5)
Subs: Brady (5), Crouch (5), Vydra (5)
Man Of The Match : Fabian Schar
- No side has picked up more Premier League points at home in 2019 so far than Newcastle United’s 12 (P5 W4 D0 L1), with only Arsenal and Manchester City matching their tally on home soil.
- Newcastle have won four consecutive home league games for the first time since last April; they had won just two of their opening 11 home league games of this season prior to this streak (D1 L8).
- This was the first time Burnley have lost a Premier League game with Tom Heaton in goal since August 2017 against West Brom (0-1), ending a 10-game unbeaten streak for the goalkeeper in the competition.
- Newcastle have done a league double over Burnley for the first time since the 1954-55 top-flight campaign; they had won just two of their previous 11 league games against the Clarets before this season (D4 L5).
- Only Fulham (13) have lost more away games in all competitions amongst Premier League clubs this season than Burnley (11).
- Fabian Schär’s goal was Newcastle’s first to be scored from outside the box in this season’s Premier league from their 121st such attempt from outside the area in 2018-19, with Ayoze Perez the last player to score from outside the penalty area for the Magpies in the competition in April 2018 against Leicester City.
- Aged 21 years and 119 days, Sean Longstaff is the youngest player to score for Newcastle in the Premier League since Rolando Aarons netted aged 20 years and 181 days against Spurs in May 2016.
- Newcastle scored with both of their two shots on target in the first half of this match.