Liverpool 0 – 0 FC Bayern München Football Highlights
(UEFA Champions League )
Venue : An fiel Stadium
Key Moments Recap
SUBSCRIBE FOR LATEST NOTIFICATIONS
Subscribe in a reader
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner
Goals (0-0) And Cards
🌕27′ Joshua Kimmich
Watch The Highlights below
Liverpool FC : Alisson 7, Alexander-Arnold 6, Matip 6, Fabinho 9, Robertson 5, Wijnaldum 5, Henderson 7, Keita 4, Mane 5, Salah 5, Firmino 5. Subs: Milner n/a, Origi n/a.
Bayern Munich : Neuer 6, Sule 8, Hummels 9, Thiago 5, Martinez 5, Lewandowski 4, Rodriguez 6, Gnabry 8, Alaba 5, Coman 8, Kimmich 9. Subs: Ribery n/a, Sanches n/a, Rafinha n/a.
Man Of The Match : Fabinho (Liverpool)
Liverpool FC welcome Bayern Munich to Anfield for the first leg of their UEFA Champions League round of 16 tie.
Liverpool FC have had a few squad boost, as Wijnaldum returned to full training in Marbella last week having suffered with illness, also Former Bayern man Xerdan Shaqiri will be returning to the starting line up after missing their victory over Bournemouth due to abdominal strain.
Other injuries and absentees include Virgil van Dijk ‘s suspension, along with the absence of Joe Gomez (leg), while Roberto Firmino and Dejan Lovren will need late fitness test to determine their fitness.
“If – if – [Fabinho plays there] in the Champions League against Bayern Munich it’s not an easy job,” the manager said.
“But we thought it makes sense we don’t leave our last row alone defending against Bayern; [so] it all depends how we defend in general. That’s it.”
Bayern Munich on the other hand, will be without Thomas Muller (suspended), Arjen Robben (thigh) and Corentin Tolisso (knee), while Jerome Boateng was not named in Bayern’s travelling squad due to illness, still has a probability of showing up according to Bayern Boss Niko Kovac
Head To Head Stats
- Bayern Munich have won only one of their seven matches in European competition against Liverpool (D4 L2).
- Liverpool and Bayern Munich’s only previous encounter in the European Cup/Champions League came in the 1980/81 semis. Liverpool progressed on away goals (1-1 on aggregate) – they would go on to beat Real Madrid in the final (1-0).
- Bayern Munich haven’t scored a single goal against Liverpool at Anfield (3 games).
- Liverpool are unbeaten in 19 consecutive European matches at Anfield (W14 D5), last losing at home back in October 2014 against Real Madrid in the Champions League (0-3). It’s their second longest unbeaten streak at home in European competition after their 40-match run between September 1974 and December 1991.
- Bayern Munich were one of five teams to remain unbeaten in this season’s Champions League group stages, along with Ajax, Barcelona, Lyon and Porto. They have reached the Champions League semi-finals in seven of the last nine seasons.
- Bayern Munich are on a run of eight consecutive Champions League away matches without a defeat (W6 D2), with their last loss on the road coming in September 2017 versus Paris Saint-Germain (0-3).
- Bayern Munich are the top scoring side from set-pieces in this season’s Champions League with eight goals, including five from corner situations